Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 4-3 in OT. Trade everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Yeah, Corrado looked rough last night and Jensen didnt wow me. I expected more. Hopefully it will go better on Sunday. I liked the Fox Horvat Shinkaruk line more and more as the night went on. Horvat looked real solid and Shink showed real flashes of brilliance. Fox has a wicked shot. I could see him ad a Higgins type third liner who can score.

I think a good example to keep things in perspective is that last year Tomas Hertl didn't look that great in this prospect tourny... or at least in the game against the Canucks.

Still like to see them do better but for guys like Jensen and Corrado who are here for the 3rd year you can't read to much into their performance.

SchultzSquared*

Just want to congratulate you folks on a well played game... and enjoyable posts... happy to see the Nucks have a bright future... always a fan when the West Coast Express carried me in hockey pools :handclap:

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
Lots of talk about Lotz (!).
He was decent but it's always noticeable with junior level goalies how susceptible they are to flopping around, sliding out of position, and generally looking a lot less compact and quiet in their positioning.

As for the Boland hit, I would argue thats exactly what he needs to do to get noticed. And it's not a meaningless exhibition game when your trying to build a reputation to win a position with the team. Hard to tell if it was a dirty hit, hockey is a fast game and those things happen in a split second. Either way I liked the retribution doled out.

Last edited:

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Subban and tryamkin would be an awesome pairing if they both pan out

Yeah that would be nice. If Tryamkin does make it I can see him being a defensive defenseman. I think Subban and Tryamkin need a little AHL time and then they should be set to go. Tryamkin will obviously get a look though coming from the KHL. Subban like I said earlier needs to finish off this season of junior and then do a year or two of AHL.

Shinkaruk is on the road to looking like a good prospect and should go for a year with Utica and get every call up chance there is to the Canucks. Horvat is doing well defensively as well and a good PK'er but needs to get some goals going. He might just be a setup man for the wingers.

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
is it just me or was that a dirty and unnecessary hit? i mean, hit a guy in open ice if he has his head down. please. those are awesome. but the elbow is raised, the head is the point of contact, and he extends through with his forearm. am i seeing this wrong?

Dirty? No. It was clean
Unnecessary? Only if you want to take hitting out of hockey.
Elbow was tucked on contact but comes up as he pushes through the hit. Happens all the time.
Head point of contact. Yes. Because he was in the trolley tracks with his head down. The only way to avoid it is to take hitting out of hockey.

So yes. You are seeing it wrong.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Dirty? No. It was clean
Unnecessary? Only if you want to take hitting out of hockey.
Elbow was tucked on contact but comes up as he pushes through the hit. Happens all the time.
Head point of contact. Yes. Because he was in the trolley tracks with his head down. The only way to avoid it is to take hitting out of hockey.

So yes. You are seeing it wrong.

Too close to tell in real time. If you're man enough to hit a guy that isn't looking, you should be man enough to defend yourself after. I don't have a problem with any of it.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
We got to remember that the Oilers have been drafting high for the past 8 years and they have a lot of prospect talent compared to the Canucks.

Otherwise the main prospects did alright, just gotta perform better to get a spot on the team this year.

LuongosHair

Jan 18, 2014
We got to remember that the Oilers have been drafting high for the past 8 years and they have a lot of prospect talent compared to the Canucks.

Otherwise the main prospects did alright, just gotta perform better to get a spot on the team this year.
We are also missing a few of our top prospects.
Virtanen, Cassels, Demko(Lotz played great though) and few others I can't remember

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Clean hit, but deserved a response and am glad we did respond

No it didn't. Suck it up, get up and play on.

Ban hitting. It has to be done. If you can't hit without a fight resulting just get rid of hitting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad