Speculation: Canucks looking to acquire a center to play with Pettersson

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
A center who can do what you say in the nhl is worth more than 2m.
Matt Stajan's contract with a caphit of 3.125 is just expiring.

Maybe but I am just saying personally. I had to watch this guy in the defensive zone this year and he really regressed. I have always been a fan but I will admit I kind of hope he moves on just because it was beyond frustrating to watch him this year.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Namest.
+ Bruins 1st #26 + + NJD 2018 2nd + TB 2019 2nd [may morph into a 1st]

for

Van. 2018 1st 7OA
No thanks to moving the 7OV- what would you want for Namesnikov on his own though? Did he play centre again once he got traded? Or was he still a LW in NY?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Tyler Johnson for Jake Virtanen + 37th pick? Johnson NTC doesn't kick in till July 1st, he's from the Pacific northwest so wouldn't mind being out there I assume and is paid adequately to be a 2C the next 6 years. The Washington series showed Tampa needs more beef on the wings and Virtanen provides that and can hopefully still grow into a top 6 player.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Isn't he already a centre? A playmaking LW would be good enough, a guy like Jonathan Drouin. Think they should go after Nic Petan and have him on his LW, but for now I say Baertschi.

I'd imagine a line of this: Baerstchi-Petterson-Boeser

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Nucks have a ton of cap space, wouldn't surprise me to see Bozak or Statsny lured here with big $$$ as a bit of a stop-gap.

Not really a Bozak fan but I'd be okay with Stas...

Honestly think that Stastny will be looking at contenders more so than strictly dollars. He’s at that point where winning is near the top of the priority list.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No thanks. Value isn't bad but the Canucks need to keep that pick and draft a capable defensive prospect.
Understood. Agree value could be better but not bad.

No thanks to moving the 7OV- what would you want for Namesnikov on his own though? Did he play centre again once he got traded? Or was he still a LW in NY?
Didn't look to closely for precise answer but seemed to me he generally did both Fs as did Miller. Think like Miller it was more C. One of my beefs w/AV is he did too many changes on lines. Think Namest was also somewhat juggled.

What we want for him alone...
simply best offer, your bid as good as anyone else's.

I think he gets a LATE first or a high 2nd, possible throw in depending on slotting of pick. Perhaps a bit better version of what Grabner [got nice prospect + middle 2nd] is a good idea.

That said, I am presently working on a prop where he is a secondary piece and a with a major piece delivers AZ's 2018 1st and 2 2nds. That deal can be reworked, but my point is he can have enough worth in a package or if extended to build up his value that a standalone offer for him does not have to be overly generous, but it can't be chintzy.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'm sure offense will come. I imagine they will look for a veteran who can teach him everything else.

LW is different than centre. You can't learn to play centre until you get to play centre. Don't be f***ing morons like Montreal.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Jets fan coming in peace....

Been listening to Vancouver media today. Petterson is being anointed as some sort of saviour. This is a bad way to approach it.

If you want him to contribute as a centre, which would be the smart long term idea, play him as a centre in the AHL for a year or more if necessary.

Eventually you want a one two punch of Horvat and Petterson as your centres.

This has a 'prospects that were badly rushed' thread title vibe to it already.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Please Benning don't waste money on Bozak if he does blow a load on a UFA at least be Stastny and max 3 years even if higher per year hit. Will anybody offer Statsny more then 7 per 3 years?? At least we can trade him in year three for assets and get him to help Pettersson for a couple years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad