Speculation: Canucks looking to acquire a center to play with Pettersson

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I would be zero percent shocked at Benning giving up big assets for Ryan O'Reilly...

I really don't know what he can give them outside the st round pick+.

Maybe he overpays for Stastny, difficult to trade for top6 C's.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I really don't know what he can give them outside the st round pick+.

Maybe he overpays for Stastny, difficult to trade for top6 C's.
If the plan is to move Peterson back to C during his Elc in either year 2 or 3, it should be just a short term solution.

It doesn’t benefit the Canucks to have Peterson play wing for too long otherwise he’ll grow too comfortable out there and not move back to C, which is where the franchise needs him to play in 2020-2021.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Would rather take the corpse of Spezza(who may even rebound a bit away from Hitch) than sign Bozak for 3-4 years.

Reactions: Dijock94

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Spezza? good veteran and able to pick up extra assets for taking the contact off Dallas hands
Spezza fits the mold but you arent getting him while "picking up additional assets"... We dont need to move him and are fine to keep going forward with his last year. Want to give us a pick because he is still decent and is only 1 year leaving you with no long term cap problems? Then yeah Im sure Dallas is happy to listen.

If you think you can get Dallas to pay you to take Spezza then we just dont pick up the phone and keep him for his last year

Reactions: My3Sons

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
Nucks have a ton of cap space, wouldn't surprise me to see Bozak or Statsny lured here with big $$$ as a bit of a stop-gap.

Not really a Bozak fan but I'd be okay with Stas...

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
If someone pays Bozak more than 2M a year it is a mistake. That includes the Leafs. He is an okay body on the PP, useless out of the offensive zone 5v5, whiffs on a ton of easy chances. His value is his ability on faceoffs and on the PP. If he was better defensively he'd be in the upper 3rd line C / Average 2C range. However right now I'd say he is no more than a 4th liner who needs to be sheltered and can play the PP.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I would be zero percent shocked at Benning giving up big assets for Ryan O'Reilly...

Yep. Watch him do something dumb like trade 7th overall or package Tanev for O'Reilly. Then we have issues on defence and Benning tries to address the defence by trading our forwards, the circus wheel goes round and round.

Reactions: dagatcho1986

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Spezza fits the mold but you arent getting him while "picking up additional assets"... We dont need to move him and are fine to keep going forward with his last year. Want to give us a pick because he is still decent and is only 1 year leaving you with no long term cap problems? Then yeah Im sure Dallas is happy to listen.

If you think you can get Dallas to pay you to take Spezza then we just dont pick up the phone and keep him for his last year
It feels like there will be enough teams looking for a center that they won't need to attach anything to move him. The one year term looks nice with the potential term that will be handed out on July 1st.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
If someone pays Bozak more than 2M a year it is a mistake. That includes the Leafs. He is an okay body on the PP, useless out of the offensive zone 5v5, whiffs on a ton of easy chances. His value is his ability on faceoffs and on the PP. If he was better defensively he'd be in the upper 3rd line C / Average 2C range. However right now I'd say he is no more than a 4th liner who needs to be sheltered and can play the PP.

A center who can do what you say in the nhl is worth more than 2m.
Matt Stajan's contract with a caphit of 3.125 is just expiring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad