Speculation: Canucks looking to acquire a center to play with Pettersson

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Jets fan coming in peace....

Been listening to Vancouver media today. Petterson is being anointed as some sort of saviour. This is a bad way to approach it.

If you want him to contribute as a centre, which would be the smart long term idea, play him as a centre in the AHL for a year or more if necessary.

Eventually you want a one two punch of Horvat and Petterson as your centres.

This has a 'prospects that were badly rushed' thread title vibe to it already.
He dominated the SHL as a rookie he does not need more time in the AHL.

He's not suited to be a center at this point. We will start him at RW, and then when he gets stronger and learns the game defensively, we will try him out at center.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Juolevi + 7Ov + Demko

For

RoR + Bogosian

At this point in time, I'd say Juolevi > Bogosian in terms of value. If you're lucky, ROR gets you 7th overall (even that would be valuing ROR awfully high). So Demko is just a charity donation to Buffalo?

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Horvat is with Boeser.
Pettersson - Horvat - Boeser ?

I get that he would be playing top comp right off the get go and that isn't ideal for a rookie...esp one that's sub 170lbs

But it beats going out into free agency and overpaying a guy like Bozak or whoever. If you looking to shelter him with a vet...play him with Sutter.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Juolevi + 7Ov + Demko

For

RoR + Bogosian

Just terrible! Come on, that’s not fair. The Sabres get to clean house on contracts and get some value back. You can’t have both.

Plus no way the Canucks trade the 7th overall in this package. 70th .... still don’t think so.

Just bad

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Oh, Vancouver is going to give Tyler Bozak $25M over 5 years and it will be hilarious.

I was about to come and post about the rumors about a month back that the Canucks were interested in signing Bozak.

Pettersson - Bozak - Boeser

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
I was about to come and post about the rumors about a month back that the Canucks were interested in signing Bozak.

Pettersson - Bozak - Boeser

There is no chance Bozak will be able to keep up with Elias and Brock.

His speed has fallen off significantly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad