Speculation: Canucks looking for a Ferland replacement

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
In all likelyhood, they'll be looking for a short-term replacement as Ferland will be returning next year. Every year at the deadline you can find cheap forward depth (e.g. 4th line UFA for a 5th round pick) without mortgaging the future.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What the f is Vancouver doing, they are not ready to contend. Save the pieces until the team improves.

I kind of love what they are doing. They are not tanking and they are picking the best players like Pettersson #5 overall, Hughes #7 overall, Boeser #23, Horvat #9...

And they are trying to win. They are building the team in an old way. Just build better team, piece by piece. They kind show the middle finger all these "modern" rebuild books, like Edmonton, Buffalo, Toronto models which are failing miserably. :D

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Will he though? The guy played one period of uneventful hockey and was again suffering from concussion symptoms. I wouldn't be surprised if his playing career is finished.

I didn't know the situation was that severe. Regardless, I think a rental replacement is the best way to go for now for the Canucks. They can evaluate longer term solutions in the summer.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I didn't know the situation was that severe. Regardless, I think a rental replacement is the best way to go for now for the Canucks. They can evaluate longer term solutions in the summer.

I agree. The Canucks need to keep things flexible until they figure out some of their long term cap implications.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Replace what exactly? Ferland barely played this year and wasnt that noticeably when he did.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Goodrow is my favourite mention so far.

Ritchie would be pricey for what I think the OP is asking for (and for what we can afford). Ditto Foligno. Watson might not be awful.

McGinn is probably right on the money, but just doesn't push the right buttons for me.

Khaira, Kassian, Lucic, Weise, Simmonds (from another thread)...we have players of this calibre and for a few of them, at better rates.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I kind of love what they are doing. They are not tanking and they are picking the best players like Pettersson #5 overall, Hughes #7 overall, Boeser #23, Horvat #9...

And they are trying to win. They are building the team in an old way. Just build better team, piece by piece. They kind show the middle finger all these "modern" rebuild books, like Edmonton, Buffalo, Toronto models which are failing miserably. :D

We're failing miserably?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad