GDT: Canucks @ Leafs | if you say Nylander in a dark room 3 times we can redraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
moral victory tonight...at least we're losing without purposefully tanking, amirite! now we have no prospects and a shortage of draft picks, but we still have our winning culture! what do the leafs have?! 4 goals, sure...but at what cost?!?!

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Pretty stark difference between him playing 18-19 minute on a 2nd pairing and tonight when has been tasked with replacing Edler/Tanev.

wait a minute, we gave up a 24th overall pick, and a 2nd rounder for a guy who poops his pants if he has to play more than 18 minutes a night?

:shakehead

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
No, Marner is flashier but Matthews does everything.

Watch Marner without the puck -- he is absolutely going to be a selke candidate in his prime. He is very active, very responsible, and knows where to go.

And he's only a few months younger than Matthews.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
He had the core in place when he got here and made a few good trades and acquisitions, signed some soft perimeter players to massive contracts and ultimately failed in achieving the goal.

You like Benning and what he's produced and label Gillis as a failure. Each to his own.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Canucks positives tonight:

Hansen
Trammer

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'm a Guds fan and I agree. HIs skating is decent though so it shouldn't be happening as much. I do think he panics a little.

But for example on this goal Hutton switches for some reason, and Guds is caught. If his faster partner helps him out, Gud's liabilities aren't as apparent.

Hutton switched? It was a two on one because Gudbranson got burned. Hutton is supposed to take the pass while the back checker tries to take the guy who doesn't have the puck. If Hutton goes to the other guy, Gudbranson is still burned and now the puck carrier gets to walk in all alone on half the net.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Even though we are getting destroyed at least there have been some nice goals. I'd rather watch us get blown out like this than lose 1-0 or 2-1.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
46359853.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad