GDT: Canucks @ Leafs. 4pm Saturday HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Oh what the **** we called up Shinkaruk???

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
This is what I'd like to see tonight without Sutter:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Hansen
Shinkaruk - Horvat - Vrbata
Higgins - McCann - Virtanen
Baertschi - Cracknell - Dorsett

Burrows injured or something?

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
This is what I'd like to see tonight without Sutter:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Hansen
Shinkaruk - Horvat - Vrbata
Higgins - McCann - Virtanen
Baertschi - Cracknell - Dorsett

Big no to that 2nd line. Shinkaruk and Horvat haven't worked well with each other, and likewise with Hovrat and Vrbata.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Big no to that 2nd line. Shinkaruk and Horvat haven't worked well with each other, and likewise with Hovrat and Vrbata.

I'd like to give it another solid chance. We've only seen them together in preseason.

Vrbata with Horvat, I agree, but he doesn't really fit in anywhere else unless he goes back on the Sedin line.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
If they called up Shinkaruk, I assume they'll play him tonight

Also they should put Burrows at center on spot duty. He's capable of doing it.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Opinion - if Shinkaruk draws in, it will be for one of McCann or Virtanen. I believe McCann was scheduled to sit in Ottawa before Sutter was declared unable to go.

I would really like to see them try a guy like Shinkaruk on the PP. Shake up the status quo (which has been awful).

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver

Neither has Baertschi and Horvat.

Shinkaruk and Bo had some chemistry in the preseason last year and has a willingness to go into dirty areas.

I'd give it a shot and see what happens.

Dorsetzky

Mar 30, 2015
Not likely to see shinkaruk tonight imo. Bring him up in the event someone else goes down and let him get some time with the big club and acknowledge/reward some killer play

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
surprised they didn't call up gaunce instead with sutter out

unless they just plan on not playing the called up player anyways and just want to share the wealth

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Opinion - if Shinkaruk draws in, it will be for one of McCann or Virtanen. I believe McCann was scheduled to sit in Ottawa before Sutter was declared unable to go.

I would really like to see them try a guy like Shinkaruk on the PP. Shake up the status quo (which has been awful).

Virtanen most likely.

I don't think they'd sit McCann since he playing in his home town.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Won't happen. Not with this coach. It's the prime time game on HNiC and against the Leafs. This old dinosaur of a coach will go with the vet. No chance he goes with the kid over *his #1. I'd almost be willing to put money on it.

I've pretty consistently been dismayed by WD's decisions on goalie handling, ever since the start of last season.

This one is just one more that seems illogical. We have one old goalie, leading the league in games played, gone ice cold (last 4 games sporting .867 save % and 3 losses.) His last game he let in a softie and the team lost by a goal.

This is not riding a hot hand.

On the other side, backups have started for the Canucks in 2 games this season, both wins. Markstrom is not only rested but has only one game this season, a win in which he was the first star after facing 45 shots and stopping 42 of them.

Miller started the last one. The opposition is weak and it's an opportunity to build the confidence of the backup, who is sorely in need of confidence building games after rough NHL starts in past seasons.

Miller could be great tonight, but I can't see any logic in the decision to play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad