GDT: Canucks @ Leafs. 4pm Saturday HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The leafs...ummm actually have been playing pretty well. One of the top possession team in the league surprisingly, if we take easy on them we will get punish.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I hope we win, because I fully expect to get blown the eff out by the Habs.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
The leafs...ummm actually have been playing pretty well. One of the top possession team in the league surprisingly, if we take easy on them we will get punish.

qm4toQi.png

wut?

They're 4-8-4 with a -14 goal differential. Thats not good hockey. They're terrible. Why do people seem to want to put our team down so bad that they're complimenting the god damn Leafs?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
qm4toQi.png

wut?

They're 4-8-4 with a -14 goal differential. Thats not good hockey. They're terrible. Why do people seem to want to put our team down so bad that they're complimenting the god damn Leafs?

Tbf, the poster is correct in that the Laffs are one of the top posession teams, regardless of their record or goal differential. At least they are top 10 (surprisingly) as well as ahead of us.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/teamstats.php?disp=1&db=201516&sit=all&sort=CFPCT&sortdir=DESC

Doesn't necessarily mean much other than not to take them lightly and that Miller needs to be sharp.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
qm4toQi.png

wut?

All he said was that they have been playing well which is true

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
The story on the Leafs is that they play "the right way" and have a good work ethic but just don't have the talent and skill to win many games. Inconsistent goaltending doesn't help either.

Simply put, if we take them lightly there's a good chance we lose the game, it's not a freebie. Play like we can, it should be an easy win.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
qm4toQi.png

wut?

What he posted, isn't wrong. They have been playing well, they play tough and play hard. They are a good possession team...like he said. They aren't a free win, like you seem to believe. The Canucks will downplay them and we know how we play when we do that.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Didn't we do that last year with Miller/Lack?

And famously with Potvin/Bob Essensa?

Last year at this time Lack was getting so few games that he wasn't really looking the best on his rare starts... usually the latter end of back to backs vs top teams.

And with the other two it was hardly the same, Potvin was a 29 year old career starter while Essensa a 35 year old career backup. I think the idea there was while Essensa was having a nice little run and was playing better at the time, you were hoping that Felix could regain his form for the long term health of the team me. Bob was only a 1 year stop gap and at the end of his career, maybe he was playing better today but the other guy is who you'll have left tomorrow.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
This game might not be a preview of the Stanley Cup Finals this year.

Last year at this time Lack was getting so few games that he wasn't really looking the best on his rare starts... usually the latter end of back to backs vs top teams.

And with the other two it was hardly the same, Potvin was a 29 year old career starter while Essensa a 35 year old career backup. I think the idea there was while Essensa was having a nice little run and was playing better at the time, you were hoping that Felix could regain his form for the long term health of the team me. Bob was only a 1 year stop gap and at the end of his career, maybe he was playing better today but the other guy is who you'll have left tomorrow.

Essensa was a good starter for a few years in Winnipeg. He wasn't a career backup, he even got a Vezina nomination one year iirc.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
qm4toQi.png

wut?

I've never put our own team down, not like those people who keep saying we'll get blown out by the habs.
I've watched a couple leafs games this season and I gotta say...they look good. Very organized in all 3 zones, 5 men unit all they way, they just don't have the quality players to score enough goals plus Beenier sucks.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012

Thanks for clarifying I actually wasn't old enough to remember the Potvin era.

JA

FAN 590 interviewed Pavel Bure last week during Hockey Hall of Fame celebrations. They asked him (jokingly) if he would sign a one-year deal with the Leafs.

His response: "too old!"

He captained one of the teams at the Hockey Hall of Fame Legends Classic in Toronto last week. He looked good.

The Leafs could probably use him.

2015+Hockey+Hall+Fame+Legends+Classic+QbruoqRv8DVx.jpg

They also asked him about the 3-on-3 overtime format. He said he always liked having more room on the ice.

November 9, 2015 marked the twentieth anniversary of his big knee injury.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
FAN 590 interviewed Pavel Bure last week during Hockey Hall of Fame celebrations. They asked him (jokingly) if he would sign a one-year deal with the Leafs.

His response: "too old!"

He captained one of the teams at the Hockey Hall of Fame Legends Classic in Toronto last week. He looked good.

The Leafs could probably use him.

2015+Hockey+Hall+Fame+Legends+Classic+QbruoqRv8DVx.jpg

They also asked him about the 3-on-3 overtime format. He said he always liked having more room on the ice.

November 9, 2015 marked the twentieth anniversary of his big knee injury.

Cause who doesn't want to play for the leafs? Huh?

Last edited:

JA

True!

He sure liked to play against them. He scored 55 points in 40 games (regular season and playoffs) against Toronto -- his second-highest career point total against any NHL team. In regular season action alone, he had 27 goals, 21 assists, 48 points in 35 games against them.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
it won't work, the sedins will not like it.

they want stagnant point men who will continue to work the puck to them on the boards and slowly collapse in.

while i think hutton is the rover-type we need, it just won't work in all likelihood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad