GDT: Canucks @ Kings, 7:00 p.m. on CBC (first road game of the season) (link in post #195)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Losing Lucic, Gaborik (injury), Voynov and Quick(injury) isa big blow to their team. They havent gotten a Richards/Stoll, Mitchell/Regehr replacement either. I enjoy seeing them rot and hopefully they finish in 9th place.

Id like to go with

Sedins and Burrows
Bae-Bo-Eriksson
Granlund Sutter Hansen
Virtanen Gaunce Dorsett

Sadly cant see any other player with the twins. Hansen fits too well with Sutter and Erikssons not working. Virtanen can switch around with Burrows. Need Rodin back

Virtanen needs to be sent far away. Hes not ready. Even when he is the best we can hope for is a 3rd liner like Hansen was 5 years ago

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Virtanen needs to be sent far away. Hes not ready. Even when he is the best we can hope for is a 3rd liner like Hansen was 5 years ago

That's a really good player. The problem with sending him to Utica to learn how to bring it consistently is that they can't keep an eye on him. So, he gets a good example shown to him by the vets on the team and they keep their thumb on him. I can't blame them, really, they have a lot invested in him.

Virtanen's career is going to come down to what kind of motor he ends up with. If he could harness the kind of motor Hansen has, he'd be a top 6 forward imo. A really good one. He's got a lot more to work with at 20 than Hansen did at 25. People will focus too much on the offence and not enough on what he's doing most of the time. A player with his physical tools will put up points if he plays an effective enough game to earn significant ice-time with good players. I thought for the most part Virtanen played with a good motor last season and was a reasonably good NHLer. He was even our best forward for a short time. I don't mind him sitting in the press box as he navigates how to bring it every night through the NHL grind. I look forward to seeing him in the lineup, though.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
What's with the down on Virtanen attitude ? You're usually the guy full of optimism and sunshine MtB.

I know but im not thrilled about Virtanen or picking him at 6. Never was. He needs lots of minutes in utica its better then the canucks press box or 4th line 8 minutes a game. Maybe even two seasons there hes just a waste with us now and getting more fans and players fed up with him

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I think Virtanen should play a stint in Utica then call him back up after 5 games.

For now I would like to see Willie switch up the lines to something like.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Granlund-Horvat-Eriksson
Baertschi-Sutter-Hansen
Dorsett-Gaunce-Skille

Last edited:

andyJH

Dec 28, 2005
canuck-stanley-cup-parade.gif

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I know but im not thrilled about Virtanen or picking him at 6. Never was. He needs lots of minutes in utica its better then the canucks press box or 4th line 8 minutes a game. Maybe even two seasons there hes just a waste with us now and getting more fans and players fed up with him

You =/= fans and players. Dont make things up.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Kings are eminently beatable. Do I call for the win and the 5-0-0 start thereby jinxing the team, or do I call the first defeat so certain people can continue being shrill and annoying for not believing in our GM overlord?

Ah, screw it. We'll win this one.

*edit* Hey wait. Aren't I supposed to get 500 vcash to start the season? What happened to that?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Be interesting to see how thing go for the Canucks now that Willie "Line Matcher" Desjardins no longer has the last change.

by logical inference, exactly the same?

unless the last four coaches didn't know how to count, of course. then willie retains the element of surprise during home games.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I am very much looking forward to beating on the Kings, they are depleted and we are grinding out wins, it would be a great game to just open the floodgates on some goals

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I never thought I'd say this, but given how well the 3rd line is playing, how much Baertschi/Horvat might benefit from playing with Eriksson, how bad the Sedins are struggling/how badly they need a forechecker, how average/slow Burrows has been, how Gaunce is stuck as the 4th line center, and how well/aggressively Dorsett's been playing, the guy to put with the Sedins right now is Dorsett. :laugh:

Sedin - Sedin - Dorsett
Baertschi - Horvat - Eriksson
Granlund - Sutter - Hansen
Burrows - Gaunce - Virtanen

Laugh if you want, but short term, I think that works.

Last edited:

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
3-2 Kings

During warmup Bettman walks onto the ice and says "We have a trade to announce. Vancouver trades Ryan Miller for the Kings own 2017 1st round pick the next pick belongs to Vancou... Uhh nvm I'm early.."

Miller has to change jerseys on the fly and we tie it up 2-2 when he gets severely confused who his teammates are.

Eriksson scores on his own net again in the dying 10 seconds when he gets confused as well and Benning along with Weisbrod trade him for future considerations when they later discover he's been paid off by a group of LOL'N For Nolan supporters of a site called HF boards..

The Sedins, Edler and Markstrom all heartbroken by the betrayal of their countryman play bad for the rest of the year and we get the #1 overall pick.

:sarcasm::naughty:

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
3-2 Kings

During warmup Bettman walks onto the ice and says "We have a trade to announce. Vancouver trades Ryan Miller for the Kings own 2017 1st round pick the next pick belongs to Vancou... Uhh nvm I'm early.."

Miller has to change jerseys on the fly and we tie it up 2-2 when he gets severely confused who his teammates are.

Eriksson scores on his own net again in the dying 10 seconds when he gets confused as well and Benning along with Weisbrod trade him for future considerations when they later discover he's been paid off by a group of LOL'N For Nolan supporters of a site called HF boards..

The Sedins, Edler and Markstrom all heartbroken by the betrayal of their countryman play bad for the rest of the year and we get the #1 overall pick.

:sarcasm::naughty:

Silly anti-tank Swedes best learn to play along

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad