GDT: Canucks @ Kings, 7:00 p.m. on CBC (first road game of the season) (link in post #195)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
FLXIbgQ.gif

Last edited:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I like our bottom 6 better than theirs.
I like our D depth better than theirs.
I like our goaltending better than theirs.

Just win now.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
... Remember when games against the Kings were frightening? Beg for the OTL-territory?

Well...

Their first line left winger is Dwight King.
Their second line right winger is Devin Setoguchi. And last I checked, this isn't 2010
Their goalie is Peter. Budaj.

This is the kind of game this Canucks team needs to grab two regulation points from if they're serious about the playoffs.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
If Vancouver can pull this off, they go up to 5-0-0 on the season, and LA can start with a 1-4-0 record

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
this one i doubt we can win.

LA will be far more motivated to grab the W.

3-1 Kings?

EDIT: I do hope our offense can start producing tangible results.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
gtm.gif

Kings are ripe for the picking. Take em down and put some more points between us and them. All points matter, you take any ground you can boys!

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Definitely not a must win obviously but this kings team looks very beatable right now and we need all the points we can get early. Hopefully we can put out a strong performance.

Last edited:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
... Remember when games against the Kings were frightening? Beg for the OTL-territory?

Well...

Their first line left winger is Dwight King.
Their second line right winger is Devin Setoguchi. And last I checked, this isn't 2010
Their goalie is Peter. Budaj.

This is the kind of game this Canucks team needs to grab two regulation points from if they're serious about the playoffs.

Amazing what some terrible management moves (and some bad luck with Voynov) has done to this power-house.

Winnable game when you consider how both teams have started the season, but the Kings are at home and still have incredible talent at the top of their lineup so in no way will this be an easy game.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Definitely not a must win obviously but this kings team looks very beatable right now and we need all the points we can get early. Hopefully we can put out a strong performance.

I concur. Two points here would go a long way for this team's playoff aspirations. Starting 5-0 would be sick too.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
this one i doubt we can win.

LA will be far more motivated to grab the W.

3-1 Kings?

EDIT: I do hope our offense can start producing tangible results.

I agree.
3-1 Kings
First road game of the season. Pressure of continuing an unbeaten streak. Brown, Kopitar, Toffoli and Doughty love playing Vancouver. And the Canucks always seem to make average back up goalies, who are beatable, look unbeatable.

And then probably a 4-0 loss to Gibson and Anaheim on Sunday. Gibson already has 2 shutouts in 4 games against Vancouver - career. 1.26gaa / .945sv%

Buuuuttt Budaj's numbers vs Vancouver career are 5-5-1 with a 3.08gaa and .887sv%.

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
Be interesting to see how thing go for the Canucks now that Willie "Line Matcher" Desjardins no longer has the last change.

I'd like to see Virtanen draw back in.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Be interesting to see how thing go for the Canucks now that Willie "Line Matcher" Desjardins no longer has the last change.

Didn't even notice he was missing last night. He's been about as effective as Skille has been.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Canucks primarily under Willie had been a better road team than home, think we pull this one .

3-2 OTW

Loui, Edler, Granlund

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006

Yeah, but he needs to play like his hair is on fire. Can you imagine if he had the same motor as Hansen......he'd be a one man wrecking crew.

In this game I want to see:

Baertschi-Horvat-Eriksson. Sedins and Eriksson is not working and it's time to try something else.

Conventional PP with 2D (Hutton-Larsen) and Sedin-Sedin-Sutter up front. Sutter has a great shot...more one timers from the left circle please. Larsen is a really good option to onetime or distribute from the right point. I like Hutton over Edler on the left point because he is just way quicker at this point and he seems less likely to punish shin guards.

2nd PP unit would be Granlund-Horvat-Eriksson with Edler and Tanev. Baertschi needs a wake up call.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
The second line (Granlund-Sutter-Hansen) has looked great so far but do we revisit Hansen with the Sedins at some point? I'm not really digging the first line right now at even strength. I'd even try Burrows back there for a game.

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006
The second line (Granlund-Sutter-Hansen) has looked great so far but do we revisit Hansen with the Sedins at some point? I'm not really digging the first line right now at even strength. I'd even try Burrows back there for a game.

yeah, and that would free up Eriksson to play with Bo. I think they could be a great fit together because bo goes hard to the net, has a heavy shot and Eriksson is a ****ing shark with a serious hankering for rebounds.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
That march 21st, 2015 game against the Kings was the day I got married....and we won! If only I could get married every game day. Time to move to Utah, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad