GDT: Canucks @ Jets Part Deux

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
1) We're not going to miss the playoffs.

2) I'm glad we lost. Winnipeg needed the 2 points more than we do, and I want to do everything to keep the Kings out of the playoffs.

3) Solid game. Defensive breakdowns and some goaltending mistakes. We need to clean those up going into a big showdown tomorrow. We absolutely must beat the Kings in regulation.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
1) We're not going to miss the playoffs.

2) I'm glad we lost. Winnipeg needed the 2 points more than we do, and I want to do everything to keep the Kings out of the playoffs.

3) Solid game. Defensive breakdowns and some goaltending mistakes. We need to clean those up going into a big showdown tomorrow. We absolutely must beat the Kings in regulation.

Kings are not going to miss. They need to lose to us and calgary in regulation. They're a lock

Booshami

Apr 19, 2012
Vancouver
Kings are not going to miss. They need to lose to us and calgary in regulation. They're a lock
How do you know? We played them very well last game and won. Also Calgary is winning the season series against L.A. Kings have a chance at losing to San Jose as well. It's 50/50 imo.

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
How are they a lock when they're tied with the Jets for the final playoff spot? :facepalm:

It's quite entertaining to see people freaking out about us needing to go 1-2 to finish the season while also assuming the Kings aren't going to lose for the rest of the year.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
It's quite entertaining to see people freaking out about us needing to go 1-2 to finish the season while also assuming the Kings aren't going to lose for the rest of the year.

We play the Kings, Coyotes, and Oilers to end the year. If we go 0-3 then quite frankly we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Plain and simple.

We aren't winning a 7 game series against the Kings. We have a good shot at winning a 7 game series against the Flames. I also prefer a match-up against the winner of a Jets-Ducks series than I do a Ducks-Kings series. In other words, avoid the Kings at all costs.

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
We play the Kings, Coyotes, and Oilers to end the year. If we go 0-3 then quite frankly we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Plain and simple.

We aren't winning a 7 game series against the Kings. We have a good shot at winning a 7 game series against the Flames. I also prefer a match-up against the winner of a Jets-Ducks series than I do a Ducks-Kings series. In other words, avoid the Kings at all costs.

Whike I agree that we shoukd avoid the Kings, I don't see them as the unbeatable machine that others have in previous years. They look like a team thats played a lot of hockey in the past three years. We lose to them a lot in the same way we beat St Louis, we just match up well/poorly against them. If the Kings end up getting any of the potential match ups that aren't us, I wouldn't be surprised if they were one and done this year.

TL12

Cam Barker MVP
Jan 3, 2014
Vancouver
I wouldn't mind playing the ducks in the second round, a long series with the kings might weaken them a bit physically and give us a better chance.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I wouldn't mind playing the ducks in the second round, a long series with the kings might weaken them a bit physically and give us a better chance.

This is probably the best scenario. I know most of the West doesn't want LA in the picture whatsoever but if we want any chance of making it through the second round, it'll have to be after the Ducks and Kings kill each other for 7 games :P

The Jets would be a tough playoff match-up for just about anyone with their heavy and emotional style of hockey, but they still aren't the Kings.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Whike I agree that we shoukd avoid the Kings, I don't see them as the unbeatable machine that others have in previous years. They look like a team thats played a lot of hockey in the past three years. We lose to them a lot in the same way we beat St Louis, we just match up well/poorly against them. If the Kings end up getting any of the potential match ups that aren't us, I wouldn't be surprised if they were one and done this year.

They're not the same Kings from years past, but I'd rather not have to worry about them showing up at any point. Let's keep them out of the playoffs.

Plus I want to see what the MTS Centre would be like in the playoffs.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
I really hope the Canucks see this opportunity to stick it to the Kings and bring their best game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad