GDT: Canucks host Senators Game #2 of Mini Series Wednesday Jan.27th 5:00 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I think the ill-advised contracts probably had a greater aggregate effect than traded picks. A few more seasons of Tanev and Toffoli would almost certainly have created more on-ice production than 2 or 3 2nd rounders.

Perhaps some of the ill advised contracts wouldn't have been signed if some home grown talent had emerged along the way.

Reactions: MS

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
You would take a 30 year old instead of a 21 year old Quinn Hughes?

edit: I’m assuming he’s saying going forward from this point

His post felt like he was referencing right now “only 21” If were talking about moving forward I wouldn’t move him for anyone either

Reactions: Bgav

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
i1fBK6Q.png

Canucks against the Sens vs. Canucks against literally any other team

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
It's been like 3 years. Can we just leave Gudbranson alone already??

Gudbranson is 7/10 on the Messier scale of one of the most hated players that has worn a Canucks sweater. I would love to let it go but Tommi Santala had more toughness during his stint than Gudbranson did during his 3 years.

Reactions: 420Canuck and PM

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
That was so much better and and I'm so glad the lotto line turned a corner in that period. I've already said it but want to emphasise it, Roussel has been awful, he's skating like crap and is nowhere near the play. On the the other hand Motte has been great, really great. I think it's clear now that he's much more than a fourth liner and becoming one of the keys to keeping the bottom six afloat. He's making the right decisions and almost always in position. He's almost single handedly making that line dangerous. Sutter, Virtanen and McEwan are having a relatively quiet game but are at least finishing checks and not being relatively competent in the defensive zone that period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad