Speculation: Canucks have 49 signed players out of 50 contracts max

Spamhuis

Mar 29, 2009
Calgary
Ian White
Matt Lombardi

if either could come for <$2M on a 1-year deal...?
worth it?

No. Lombardi is done and we have good depth on d in the org already so we don't need white, who is terrible and couldn't break drw lineup, which has worse d than we do

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
No. Lombardi is done and we have good depth on d in the org already so we don't need white, who is terrible and couldn't break drw lineup, which has worse d than we do

I think White would be a noteable upgrade over Weber (at least you don't have to primarily use him as a #7 guy). Depending on his asking price, I wouldn't have a problem taking a one year gamble on him. Better forward than Weber IMHO as well.

I might be way off base, but I actually think Weber might be a poor man's White.

Spamhuis

Mar 29, 2009
Calgary
I think White would be a noteable upgrade over Weber (at least you don't have to primarily use him as a #7 guy). Depending on his asking price, I wouldn't have a problem taking a one year gamble on him. Better forward than Weber IMHO as well.

I might be way off base, but I actually think Weber might be a poor man's White.

My understanding is they went with weber because of potential. He's 23. Unlikely they go for the much older white

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
My understanding is they went with weber because of potential. He's 23. Unlikely they go for the much older white

Didn't hurt that Weber only signed for $650K. Can always shove Weber in the AHL of he really is awful (can stick contracts up to 900K to clear cap room). Both are stop-gap guys or "place-holders" until one of our prospects can take over IMHO.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I's still like to see us trade with Columbus in order to pick up either Goloubef or Savard.

agreed. the Jackets have a glut of young, nhl-ready young d-man so if the price is right GMMG should make a move. I'd prefer Savard since Goloubef's play is very similar to Tanev's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad