Pre-Game Talk: Canucks Full Schedule Released

J Corso

Sep 22, 2020
Fanny Bay
When, in the history of hockey, has two teams playing each other more made the games more boring?

We've never had this before, so you can't point to the past as any sort of indicator. Even the original 6 days with only a few opponents they knew not to play the same team in a row as much as we're going to see.

When we play Ottawa on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday in one week, people are going to be sick of the Sens.

Reactions: David71

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
It's an entire season of "4 point games"...how is that going to be boring? Every series of back-to-back games will be kill or be killed as far as the playoffs are concerned. 3 or 4 days against another team could take you from first to last in the division. My biggest fear is going to be the intensity of these games and the injuries of the teams top players.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
It's going to be super-weird having the Canucks play here more than once in a year and not being able to attend. :(

As recently as the early '90s the Canucks were still playing divisional rivals 7-9 times per year even when still playing in every city in the league and hosting every team. Even in the modern era, repeat matchups were the norm until they ballooned the league up to its current size.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
Thoughts:

1. so much for the hand-wringing from the internet experts about not playing games in Vancouver

2. NHL should have organized a mid-march bubble tournament in Edmonton and Toronto with divisional crossover.

3. Holy crap will this season get boring quick. Can't blame the NHL for doing its best given the circumstances, but what an awful schedule for fans.

Reactions: victoriacanucker

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
The other thread was closed but they were discussing on 1040 this morning how one of the potential hitch between the NHL and the PHOs was the NHL only planned to test for the first 4 weeks of the season and then no more. The PHO want longer and more testing through the season.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I’m all in for winning the coveted Canadian Division Pendant and having there be an undisputed Canada’s team

if I can’t have they just let us have a better record than Toronto
If Toronto missed the 2021 playoffs, I would be super duper happy. We could even finish last and I’d be okay with that. I love seeing us win, but watching Toronto lose, especially when they really should be winning, is heartwarming.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
We've never had this before, so you can't point to the past as any sort of indicator. Even the original 6 days with only a few opponents they knew not to play the same team in a row as much as we're going to see.

When we play Ottawa on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday in one week, people are going to be sick of the Sens.

you can say that to the next 5 canadian teams.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
injuries are gonna be a major part of this canadien division. taxi squads will be more important than ever. maybe a guy like sven redeems himself. or even jordie benn plays all of 56 games and doesn't get scratched? so many questions.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It’s almost like returning to Original Six Hockey except with all of the successive games against the same opponent.
I’m not that excited about seeing the Flames or Oilers three times in a row but the Leafs and Habs could be fun as it’s a change.
I see the Canucks somewhere in the middle of the pack but it’s going to be really close with only Ottawa clearly out of it.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
That type of schedule isn’t going to be boring at all. Playing the same team three times in a row is going to make those third games electric.

it’s not going to be boring...it’s going to be nasty.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
That type of schedule isn’t going to be boring at all. Playing the same team three times in a row is going to make those third games electric.

it’s not going to be boring...it’s going to be nasty.

Each Canadian city will spew hate.
It could get uncomfortable for some...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad