Canucks Free Agent Frenzy 2014! Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Everyone's *****ing about Miller but you gotta look at him as an asset for this franchise. Either he plays well and keeps us competitive or we flip him for other assets. Look at the return he got in the STL trade.

Miller got a great return because he stayed with one team his whole career. After his flame out in St Louis he's out of second chances. If he craps the bed in Vancouver the Canucks aren't getting a great return for him. Even if did have value left as an asset I don't believe for a second that Jim Benning would be able to negotiate for it.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Haha oh man the Central division just got ridiculous this year. I guess the Av's saw some turnover but they should still be good and with Rinne back I think Nashville rebounds. Poor Winnipeg is going to get crushed.

Minnesota has now gotten Parise, Suter and Vanek from free agency in the last few years.

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
So, can everyone relax a little bit after the Miller signing?

The FA market is shifting to the west and making nearly all teams better. We're still going to finish near the bottom, don't fret!

ArtG

Feb 9, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Miller got a great return because he stayed with one team his whole career. After his flame out in St Louis he's out of second chances. If he craps the bed in Vancouver the Canucks aren't getting a great return for him. Even if did have value left as an asset I don't believe for a second that Jim Benning would be able to negotiate for it.
Conversely, if he plays well they can probably get a 1st rounder pretty easily.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
i'm starting to warm up to the Iggy idea... if for nothing else than to spend the rest of the day with some suds, a bowl of popcorn and lurking on Calpuck.

I need some cheering up.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph 24s

Tanner Glass gets 1.45 per from NYR for that 3 year deal.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I have a bad feeling we are not getting a top 6 forward today. I hope in hell I am wrong. Quality over quantity.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Damn Moore would have been a nice fit for vancouver. Heart and soul guy

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
That Vanek deal is very reasonable money and term relative to what the market is paying right now.

West is getting a lot of talent right now.

Would be interested in guys like Richards and Iginla on 2 year deals, just don't want term or NTCs..

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
I'm just happy we didn't sign Glass, Bolland or Thornton.

I would like Iginla but don't see why he would waste what time he has left in the NHL playing here.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
So, can everyone relax a little bit after the Miller signing?

The FA market is shifting to the west and making nearly all teams better. We're still going to finish near the bottom, don't fret!

You mean it's shifting to the central division. In the Pacific so far Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary have done the signings, while San Jose has lost two veteran dmen in Boyle and Stuart.

So the central should grab both wildcard spots, Anaheim and LA should be locks for spots #1 and #2 in the Pacific, but depending on what else San Jose does spot #3 could be wide open between them, Phoenix, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad