Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Part 1

Elliotte Friedman regarding 1st overall said:
“One team that has definitely made an offer? Vancouver. I believe it included their first pick in this draft (which is sixth overall) and Hunter Shinkaruk, who was taken 24th in 2013. There was at least one other piece, probably off the main roster, but I can’t pin it down. It’s not Ryan Kesler, who won’t go there.”

Bolland rumors said:
@News1130Sports: Have learned the #Canucks have called the agent for UFA Dave Bolland. General talks have taken place.

@News1130Sports: The Bolland camp won't do anything with Vancouver until they resolve the Ryan Kesler situation.

News 1130 said:
#Canucks have called 2 big names UFA's today - Dave Bolland and Ryan Miller.

Sources tell me, Miller would have no issues playing in Vancouver.

The #Canucks also playing phone tag with Jonas Hiller's agent - but he also represents Deryk Engelland and Joe Vitale.

Miller Update:
Canucks heavily persuing Miller

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
f the rumors turn out to be true.

The canucks Sign
Miller
Moulson
Iginla.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Moulson Bonino Iginla
Higgins Mathias Hansen
Dorsett Richardson Kassian
Horvat

^ That is actually a hell of a roster, Easily a playoff team.

Defense would look like this.

Bieksa / Edler
Hamhuis / Tanev
Corrado / Sbisa
Stanton

Ryan Miller
Eddie Lack

^ That is a damn good defensive Core also, and solid goaltending.

Last edited by a moderator:

arsmaster*

That d corps is worse than last years. Sbisa is worse than garrison and Corrado is worse than Stanton.

That 2nd line might make the twins look fast.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Moulson, Bonino and Iginla are all very good players, but as a line, it's tough to find a worse mix since they're all too slow. I think that lineup would be better either swapping Burrows and Iginla, or Matthias and Bonino.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
^^^ where is there a Moulson rumour? I haven't seen his name linked to the Nucks.
It has been linked... but it isn't worth mentioning. Its not even lukewarm... its lukeworm. Not a good sign.

News1130 Sports @News1130Sports · 6h

Matt Moulson's agent tells me more than a half a dozen teams have called him. #Canucks interest in Moulson is lukeworm.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Kings don't have a ton of speed on the top 2 lines, so you don't exactly need a super fast line up to win.

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
I really want the Canucks to pursue one of Grabovski, Cammalleri or Vrbata.

I don't think Grabovski fits the 'character' mould they're after considering what he said about Carlyle after not playing in a top six role. Long shot at best, I would say.

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
Find it extremely improbable Iginla lands here. He's been chasing a cup last several years. He wouldn't end up here. Hell, more likely he'd try to sign a sweetheart deal with LA than us.

arsmaster*

Kings don't have a ton of speed on the top 2 lines, so you don't exactly need a super fast line up to win.

Jeff carter is fast.
Marian Gaborik is fast.
Dustin brown is fast.

Toffoli and Pearson aren't but I'm surprised how much faster Pearson looks as a pro than he did as a junior.

Anze Kopitar didn't need to be fast.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Jeff carter is fast.
Marian Gaborik is fast.
Dustin brown is fast.

Toffoli and Pearson aren't but I'm surprised how much faster Pearson looks as a pro than he did as a junior.

Anze Kopitar didn't need to be fast.

When you are constantly circling like a shark on blood as that line was everyone looks faster.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
It has been linked... but it isn't worth mentioning. Its not even lukewarm... its lukeworm. Not a good sign.

fakemon__lukeworm__casflare__valcofly_by_brawl483-d5d8yo1.jpg

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I don't think Grabovski fits the 'character' mould they're after considering what he said about Carlyle after not playing in a top six role. Long shot at best, I would say.

Well he wasn't wrong. Carlyle used him as a shutdown centre. McCann apparently has some character issues and they drafted him.

member 202355

Hell yes to Miller.

I wonder what that means for one of Lack/Markstrom.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
If the rumors turn out to be true.

The canucks Sign
Miller
Moulson
Iginla.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Moulson Bonino Iginla
Higgins Mathias Hansen
Dorsett Richardson Kassian
Horvat

^ That is actually a hell of a roster, Easily a playoff team.

Defense would look like this.

Bieksa / Edler
Hamhuis / Tanev
Corrado / Sbisa
Stanton

Ryan Miller
Eddie Lack

^ That is a damn good defensive Core also, and solid goaltending.

Probably over the cap, and not "easily a playoff team." I think you're overrating these players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad