Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Ok, now I might be interested.

Hard to say no to that face, isn’t it?

loui-eriksson-derp.png

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Who is likely traded?
Very surprised if Virtanen is a Canuck next year. Wore out his welcome from the sound of things.

also, Stetcher wouldn’t surprise me. Canucks got pushed around and I think want more size on the back end. He’s a solid contributor but if Tanev resigns then he’s a 3rd pairing guy and an RFA. Similar to Hutton last year he will command more than the Canucks want to pay him.

those are my two guesses

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'd be interested in Gaudette

Fine choice. What would be on the table for Gaudette? Current 3c with the offensive potential to move up the line up in the very near future. His defensive game leaves a lot to be desired, but he's still a very positive contributor, and he's looking better when he gets more opportunity.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I mean... what exactly do they have that's appealing to any teams that would actually be available?

Maybe Boeser? The rest are gonna be overpaid players that Van will want to be dumping, but if that's what they are trying to do thwy better be prepared to really pay up because in the current market landscape very few teams are going tonbe taken on salary in the form of bad contracts.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
He is a C

Lias and a pick for Virtanen and 1 of Stecher/Sutter/Baertschi? Canucks need to try and ship salary out in any deal.

Lias sure seems like a poor sport from WJ's and his unwillingness to play in NA, but if he is EP's good friend, might have to consider looking at acquiring him.

If Rangers get Stecher it could allow them to trade DeAngelo who likely won't get paid what he wants from rags unless he does a bridge deal? Leaves NYR with a decent trade trip in DeAngelo

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I mean... what exactly do they have that's appealing to any teams that would actually be available?

Maybe Boeser? The rest are gonna be overpaid players that Van will want to be dumping, but if that's what they are trying to do thwy better be prepared to really pay up because in the current market landscape very few teams are going tonbe taken on salary in the form of bad contracts.

Pearson should garner some interest if available, Gaudette is a youngish C. Virtanen has speed and might excel with a change of scenary. Worked well for Avs and Burakovsky this past year

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

Virtanen, Gaudette, Demko, Roussel to the right team, Stecher, Myers, Sutter to a dinosaur GM, prospects, picks (explicitly stated not for cap dumps, but this year's first and second were deemed "not available" by our fan base too).

I mean a lot more then just Boeser anyway.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Lias and a pick for Virtanen and 1 of Stecher/Sutter/Baertschi? Canucks need to try and ship salary out in any deal.

Lias sure seems like a poor sport from WJ's and his unwillingness to play in NA, but if he is EP's good friend, might have to consider looking at acquiring him.

If Rangers get Stecher it could allow them to trade DeAngelo who likely won't get paid what he wants from rags unless he does a bridge deal? Leaves NYR with a decent trade trip in DeAngelo

I know Virtanen has fans on the Rangers board, but I don't think he fits the team. The wings are loaded: Panarin, Kreider, Lafreniere, Kakko, Buchnevich, Gauthier, Kravtsov (down the road), and possibly Chytil (if they see him more as a W than a C). We need guys down the middle behind Zibanejad.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I know Virtanen has fans on the Rangers board, but I don't think he fits the team. The wings are loaded: Panarin, Kreider, Lafreniere, Kakko, Buchnevich, Gauthier, Kravtsov (down the road), and possibly Chytil (if they see him more as a W than a C). We need guys down the middle behind Zibanejad.
Probably not good trading partners then. We have EP and Horvat down the middle but after that it’s Sutter, Beagle and Gaudette, with Gaudette really the only young guy in the system for a bottom six center spot.

Reactions: LeonDraisaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad