valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
raw

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The extension probably means nothing if the team tanks, but on principle this sucks
Exactly. It just eliminates the lame duck gm rhetoric which the club doesn’t need right now. I’m betting they just picked up the option year.

So regardless his future is dependent on how they perform this year. If they are a sub 90 point team he likely gets axed.

Just the cost of doing business in sports.

Reactions: Ciao

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Jim Benning has officially reached Kevin Lowe levels of “should have been fired years ago.”

I can’t believe the General Manager of a multimillion dollar corporation that has severely underperformed for the last four years just got an extension. I wouldn’t be surprised if he even got a raise at this point too.

It literally boggles the mind.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Are you kidding? What a joke of a franchise.
I love how there was a thread on who our next GM would be and Benning supporters like me and the majority of the actual fanbase, not the HF haters kept saying he deserved and would be extended. I bet if a poll showing age of Benning haters was done ot would be mostly millenials. Haters seem to expect every trade, signing, draft pick to work out. They also want every trade to be our garbage for a top pick, player, or prospect. Beninng has made mistakes, but at least they going forward have been rectified or wont be any type of anchor. He had an uphill battle, and has assembled a team that has an electrifying young core, a deep prospect pool, and a ton of cap space the next four years. Benning haters have been rehashing the same garbage for 3 years. Time to move on and enjoy what Benning has put together.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I love how there was a thread on who our next GM would be and Benning supporters like me and the majority of the actual fanbase, not the HF haters kept saying he deserved and would be extended. I bet if a poll showing age of Benning haters was done ot would be mostly millenials. Haters seem to expect every trade, signing, draft pick to work out. They also want every trade to be our garbage for a top pick, player, or prospect. Beninng has made mistakes, but at least they going forward have been rectified or wont be any type of anchor. He had an uphill battle, and has assembled a team that has an electrifying young core, a deep prospect pool, and a ton of cap space the next four years. Benning haters have been rehashing the same garbage for 3 years. Time to move on and enjoy what Benning has put together.

Literally, this is exactly what "haters" were yelled at for saying back when the line was that Benning could find an NHL player with every pick, and is what they continue to get yelled at for pointing out every time people decide that things look really good for the future because ~85% of Canuck prospects are apparently going to hit their ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad