Prospect Info: Canucks draft D Jacob Truscott (5th Round, 144th Overall) (University of Michigan)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Like this pick. I was saying yesterday that the USNDTP players were really dropping because they didn't get to have a U18s last year, which is basically their #1 showcase, and are more of a mystery than usual. And that some steals will probably come out of that group as a result. Truscott is one of these players.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Fort Gratiot, Michigan native Jacob Truscott has spent the last two seasons with the US National Team Development Program. This year he scored five goals and 16 assists for 21 points in 47 games with the Under-18 team. Unfortunately, this year’s squad didn’t get the chance to compete at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships due to the global Coronavirus pandemic. Last year, Truscott scored five goals and 12 assists for 17 points in 55 games with the Under-17 team. He also added a goal and an assist for two points in two USHL playoff games. Truscott played for Team USA at the 2018 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He registered one assist in four tournament games.

Truscott is a product of Michigan based Little Caesar’s hockey program. In 2017-18 he scored 12 goals and 33 assists for 45 points in 48 games in Midget Hockey. In 2016-17 he scored four goals and 18 points in 20 games at the Peewee level.

Truscott is committed to playing hockey for the University of Michigan Wolverines next year. Should he change his mind, his OHL rights belong to the London Knights, who drafted him in the 8th round, 154th overall, in the 2018 OHL Priority Selection Draft.

Jacob Truscott Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #104

Reactions: CanuckCity

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Another great pick, drafting offensive minded defenceman that are committed to NCAA is never a bad thing.

I'm liking these later round picks better than last year's late picks, get focht Brackett.

Reactions: Nosskire ot Elgaeb

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
are you sure? he's out of contract.

It depends on what they negotiated but it's not uncommon for contract termination to have this sort of provision to prevent people from taking knowledge from one club to another. This happened with a few front office people this season who can't participate in this year's draft (I think including Zito.)

Brackett has been sitting at the desk front and centre announcing the picks all day.

Well then nevermind.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Like this pick better than the Finnish guy. Could be really undervalued and it sounds like he has a well rounded game,just needs to gain strength and confidence to maximize his abilities.
Nice to see some D added to the pipeline after going all F last year which was extremely weird.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
You guys realize that the work Brackett did for this draft was already done right? Like they didn't throw out a year of our scouting reports managed by him and start over in the short time since he hasn't worked for us.
And yet we blame Virtanen on Benning, not Gillis when most assuredly the scouting lists were done under his regime.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'm guessing he meant to say that Bracket doesn't deserve all the credit or his input wasn't the be all end all.

As I understand it, the primary role of a Director of Amateur Scout is to act as a facilitator. Delorme's problem, according to Gillis/Gilman, was that he allowed particular regional scouts who happened to be more vocal greater influence which ultimately affected the list. And contrary to some people's beliefs, scouts do "fight" for their picks / guys they have had more viewings but understand that ultimately they have to come up with a list. So an OHL scout preferring a player in the OHL is not being "vetoed" if the the team goes with even a slight majority.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
And yet we blame Virtanen on Benning, not Gillis when most assuredly the scouting lists were done under his regime.

1st rounders, and especially top-10 picks, are much different than 2nd-7th rounders. I hope you're being sarcastic because that should be common knowledge for anyone active on a site called Hockeys Futures.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
1st rounders, and especially top-10 picks, are much different than 2nd-7th rounders. I hope you're being sarcastic because that should be common knowledge for anyone active on a site called Hockeys Futures.
Virtanen was 100% an ownership pick
Like..it can’t be more obvious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad