Confirmed with Link: Canucks, Demko reportedly agree to 5-Year, $25M Extension ($5M AAV)

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If I was Calgary, offer Clark a blank cheque. Not only helps them but hurts us.
Maybe they already have? But I’m thinking Clarke is headed to FLA. Just hoping his loss doesn’t result in Demko losing his bubble mojo.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
One down and two more to go. With Demko inked, it's on to Hughes and Pettersson. Once they have all three in the fold, then the core group becomes Demko, Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser and Horvat, all 25 and under.

To me, that is the makings of a solid group of 'foundational players', even if you cringe at that term. And if guys like Podkolzin, Rathbone, DiPietro, Hoglander, Woo and even Lind or Gadjovich can crack the lineup and contribute, then even the most hardened Canuck cynic would have to concede that it's not that bad moving forward.

Now they just have to tie Jimbo's hands behind his back and take his phone away when UFA season hits. It's the depth players and their ugly contracts that are dragging this team down right now.

Reactions: m9

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Who's responsible for the front office managerial budget cuts?.and pulling the financial strings in this pandemic?..Benning?..Once again, you're completely ill informed......(I'm sure Benning would sign Clarke in a NY minute)

Seravalli: At least 17 NHL teams have reduced pay amid COVID-19 crunch - TSN.ca
Seven NHL coaching staffs still working for reduced pay amid COVID-19 crunch - TSN.ca

Maybe he and Clarke clashed over the misuse of DiPietro? Or the Demko concussion debacle earlier?

Maybe if we didnt have all that money wasted on AHL level talent Aqua would be more willing to open the coffers?

Maybe Aqua doesnt understand how important Clarke is and Benning has been unable to convince him?

We dont know.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The really funny part is that you don't realize this is something you and PoM have in common. If you insist every event supports one specific view, you happen to be right whenever one actually does.

Please show some sources here.

Posts by ProstheticConscience where he has been shown to be biased and then what actually took place and how he reacted, both negative and positive.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This is a very affordable and justifiable contract for Demko. The problem is they're paying $5m next season to carry Holtby on the roster. And if you include the Luongo 'cap recapture penalty' the Canucks are shelling out more than $13m for goaltending next season.

But when it comes to Benning and Canucks, this is just another salary-cap boondoggle on a long list.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
It is a risky deal for a goaltender with less than 70 nhl starts and a goaltender who hasn’t reached 50 games in a season as a pro.

But after the Binnington deal I’m not sure what else could have been done at this point.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It is a risky deal for a goaltender with less than 70 nhl starts and a goaltender who hasn’t reached 50 games in a season as a pro.

But after the Binnington deal I’m not sure what else could have been done at this point.

It's risk vs reward. Not much different from locking up a young forward or defenseman after their first contract. Reportedly they discussed adding an additional year but that would have meant a higher AAV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad