Confirmed with Link: Canucks, Demko reportedly agree to 5-Year, $25M Extension ($5M AAV)

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
This is news I’ll come back to the board for. Great deal.
I don't know about great deal. It seems like this is where everyone on this board kind of expected it to be.

Just seems standard for a goalie of Demko's experience.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Now get clark signed and that's awesome.

12m (including luongos bullshit) next year really sucks but 6.5m or so on goaltending for 3 or so years later will be really good.

Might be unproven but if they all believe he's the guy and he continues tracking like he has this year then it should be full value.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Surprised they got this done in-season.

I think it's a solid deal. At $5 million, I'd prefer a bit more term given Demko doesn't have much of a track record, but this should be a good deal over the lifetime of the contract.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I don't know about great deal. It seems like this is where everyone on this board kind of expected it to be.

Just seems standard for a goalie of Demko's experience.

Given what we’ve seen Benning give out, this IS a great deal for him

Reactions: LordBacon

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
If folks remember from Benning's last media scrum, Chris Gear is in charge of contracts. Good deal.
It could be Gear's deal.
Who announced it?
I would think that if it was a Benning deal he would have announced it

It kind of makes think of where is Gillman?

Yaaaa, something positive to post about.
Any Demko deal was going to be a winner

Reactions: Indiana and Dab

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Seems like a good deal for both sides.

I will say that the small sample size for Demko in the NHL is still a bit of a question mark to me, but if there was a guy to bet on answering those questions it's probably him.

It also really makes the Holtby signing look even worse - like do you believe in Demko or not? But whatever, will save that complaining for another thread.

Nice to have some $ certainty on the roster long-term as well with the other big deals coming up.

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad