Post-Game Talk: Canucks defeat Golden Knights | 5 - 1 | Boeser, Miller, Pettersson, Kuzmenko, & Horvat

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I wouldn’t go as far as dating Martin stole the game but I’m not going to argue semantics. He made a bunch of steady saves on high-danger chances when the game was still competitive. He was definitely a factor and did what Demko was able to do last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: racerjoe

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Good on the Canucks for demonstrating that they can beat Vegas and LA..Maybe it might quieten down the ‘grass is always greener’ crowd ( the posters that can’t stop gushing over the Kings And Knights).
Pleas choose a different metaphor. I don't ever want to read 'green' on this board ever again.

Reactions: mriswith

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Luke Schenn is irreplaceable. Demonstrates leadership, fights, leads the team in PIM, hits, +10, and on pace for 31 points.

He should be getting 3 year contract after this season.

Reactions: Zippgunn

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Im down with keeping Bo and Schenn.

EP and Hughes are the only pieces that would return the picks/prospects to start a new fresh core. If keeping them, then you have to give them the best horses you can over the next several years. Who better than those 2 that are actually available?

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Play Demko and Stillman = we lose

Play Martin and Burroughs = we win

I’m not sure why these “professionals” take so long to adapt when the fans find it so friggen obvious. We could have had a few more wins by now.
It’s probably got something to do with how much data they have to process… Its super simple to do your equations, but the equations they have to do have alto more involved.

• Wow
Reactions: Tact

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
so i was out to dinner and had to watch this on delay after 11pm and sportsnet would not let me watch the replay (i suspect because so many other people were watching). watched the punjabi feed instead, which loaded right away and was a good broadcast even though i did not understand most of it other than play names.

that was a hell of a lot of fun. in order of impact.

martin was rock solid early when it mattered and also when vegas tried to push. totally different game if he had let one in. i see a guy who may not be the best technical goalie around and is absolutely dialled in and competing hard. he's definitely beatable but he doesn't have a particular glaring weak spot to key in on.

burroughs changes the back end dynamic so much in a good way even from the left side that i just do not understand why he is not dressed every night. we all see it. bruce is coaching for his job so, realistically, he has probably been playing stillman to appease allvin.

pettersson continues to play all world in all three zones. just a special player right now and it is translating into offensive confidence. kuzmenko being on his line seems to be unlocking kuzmenko. wish we had both under good longterm deals.

joshua and lazar continue to make their line relevant every night. a relevant 4th line is a wonderful thing and so important to push the whole team.

garland continues to do everything he can to win. i can't help liking the guy. i am not going to compare him to ronning, but he brings the same defiant underdog energy to every shift.

bear is just thriving here. another guy we are going to have to pay if he keeps this up.

horvat and miller were working more than usual, especially horvat. miller is still a one zone player this year, but at least he's diving around in that zone.

one additional positive of burroughs is that because he is able to eat left side minutes, oel can be held more accountable. i don't know that oel is playing bad so much as not engaged . maybe it is me, but it seemed oel suddenly started skating and getting involved in the second. as if he realized he was missing shifts and reacted.

Reactions: alternate

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
That was a textbook, shutdown road game by the Canucks. After a nervous start, they locked it down like every successful team has to do to win against a team like Vegas.

There were few neutral zone turnovers; pucks in deep on line changes; and simple six-foot breakout passes to beat the fearsome Vegas forecheck. And those 'hoper passes' that end up getting picked off and creating odd-man rushes were almost eliminated.

Makes you scratch your head and wonder why they couldn't have started the season that way?

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Luke Schenn is irreplaceable. Demonstrates leadership, fights, leads the team in PIM, hits, +10, and on pace for 31 points.

He should be getting 3 year contract after this season.
So... let walk as a free agent and Edmonton signs him?

Reactions: Vector

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
So... let walk as a free agent and Edmonton signs him?

• Haha
Reactions: mathonwy

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Oh I forgot, I missed that game, I think... maybe.
I swear if it wasn't for Martins play in that game it could of been 4-1 or 5-1 after the first, he stole them that win. But yet again his solid play helped them win yesterday as well, it's definitely not a knock on him just saying he kind of stole the Colorado game more. I'm a huge Demko supporter I've seen his elite play I know how good he is, he's looked slow and tired imo this year possibly due to this surgery he had, but Martin deserves the starts more right now, he's been solid, the D in front of him still sucks though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad