Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sharks - 4-2 (Dickinson, Garland, Chiasson, Schenn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
If you hate it so much, why martyr yourself?

I can tell you that I had a great night. The team won and it was entertaining. What does that mean in terms of us winning a Cup? Pretty much nothing.

What would losing do to help us? Also, pretty much nothing.

Main difference, in part as a result of the game, I had a great time and you seemingly didn't.
Wrong.

Losing would help us draft higher and get a player to hopefully one day in our lives win a cup.

Reactions: geebaan

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
If you hate it so much, why martyr yourself?

I can tell you that I had a great night. The team won and it was entertaining. What does that mean in terms of us winning a Cup? Pretty much nothing.

What would losing do to help us? Also, pretty much nothing.

Main difference, in part as a result of the game, I had a great time and you seemingly didn't.

Right now, you are correct.

But the winning streaks before trade deadline probably stayed the hand of our management. They felt they had to give teh team an opportunity to try and make it, instead of start the moves that get us out of this hole.

Also... I guess we don't really have prospects that should be playing instead of the players on the ice. The farm system is completely barren. Take Chiasson off of PP1 and give Podkolzin a 5 game stretch there and I dont really have much to complain about how things are ran as it is.

Reactions: geebaan

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I, for one, have enjoyed watching hockey this past 4 months as much as the run in the bubble, and more than any other time in the last decade.

As a hockey fan, I would rather watch this right now than watch us throw in the towel, players giving up on every game etc..

I watch the game and follow the team to have fun. And I am having fun. Watching a team perform at this level over more than half a season has been joyful. Much rather watch a team play at 100 point pace than play at a 65 point pace!!

I think to each his own, but I think I feel differently than you. It isn't cup or bust for me. I want to be a fan and enjoy the games and the seasons. I agree and I sure hope we change direction and make some moves that makes us a contender, but winning in itself isn't the point. Fandom and fun watching hockey is the point- the better the hockey the more fun for sure. YMMV

Enjoy the day!

I don’t wanna get involved in your guys argument but the issue is the one line you said. “It’s not cup or bust for me” that sounds like you’re a newer-ish fan. Some of us are past the point of “we almost made the playoffs” or “meaningful games in March” a lot of us have higher expectations than you do, and that’s just as ok as having “almost making the playoffs” as your expectation. Doesn’t make us less fans to expect more.

Nov 1, 2011
Wrong.

Losing would help us draft higher and get a player to hopefully one day in our lives win a cup.

What the success rate difference between 12 vs 13 vs 14 overall?

It's not like we'd be moving down 6 or 7 spots.

I think 10th overall has a lower success rate than 11 or 12.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
He’s had a nice couple games here. He’s a bad player and the takes that he should be brought back next year are … nuts.

Jussi Jokinen had 10 points in 13 games for us in garbage time a couple years ago. Doesn’t mean he was a good player who should have been given a new contract.

All Chiasson is doing right now is taking PP minutes from Podkolzin.
Podkolzin has as many goals the last month as Roseanne Barr. Stop with the Podz love. He’s can’t score goals so he should be nowhere near the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad