Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sens - 6-2 (Pearson, Motte, Schenn, Horvat, Chiasson, Miller)

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Hmmn.....if memory serves, this is where Petey scored his first (and only) NHL hat trick.

The 3rd goal won the game in overtime with Boeser and Petey dominating the o/t.
Twas a joy to watch. Only 3 years ago.

Reactions: Ozone and SamInVan

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Battle of two of the three worst owners in NHL.
Which one of these two meddling owners will win?

More like battle of 2 of the worse GM’s. Weren’t you defending Benning’s moves in the summer lol?

SamInVan

Dec 5, 2016
VanCity
You complain about Benning being GM forever and you cheer for a Canucks win.

You want it both ways.

Doesn’t make sense to me but you do you.

Cheer? lol.....A prediction because you know we are going to start playing better prolonging JB and TGs shelf life. These are the Canucks we are talking about...just when we feel their time's up they start winning. For the record I thought it was a done deal a few times.

Killing me softly since 1982.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
More like battle of 2 of the worse GM’s. Weren’t you defending Benning’s moves in the summer lol?
Actually, I didn't mind his moves over the summer..OEL,Garland,Dickenson (even though he hasn't lived up to expectations)..They were moves to bolster the core (half of which , crashed and burned this season), which most of us thought would rebound...The only glaring deficiency was the D.

Anyway, moving forward..most of the core players will be out of the door post season..along with a front office housecleaning.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
But we thought it would work
But suprisingly I liked Bennings moves

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I hope that the Sens find a way to get Gaudette in the line-up and he scores a hatty against us. Just because it would cause so much consternation on this board and that's the only fun part of being a Canucks fan these days.

Mahateet

May 18, 2021
Ownership mandates dictate moves.
You don't blame the manager of a restaurant for understaffing when ownership limit payroll.[/QUOTE]

You can blame the manager when he uses most of the payroll to overpay the dishwashers and then running out of money to be able to pay his sous chefs

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
You don't blame the manager of a restaurant for understaffing when ownership limit payroll.

You can blame the manager when he uses most of the payroll to overpay the dishwashers and then running out of money to be able to pay his sous chefs

Great analogy.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
We need guys like Brown, Formenton, and Sanford in our bottom 6. Even their RHD wouldn't be bad pick-ups after Myers.

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
Boy, you sure get a skewed version of the fan base in here. Haters everywhere.

I pretty well always want the Canucks to win. I thought Benning made a great trade this summer for OEL and Garland. Sort of a hitting for the fences try....it certainly could have gone wrong. Like others, I hate the fact that Jim keeps improving the team in the short term (hoping to make the playoffs) at the expense of long term quality. I don't know if that is his fault or a directive from the slum landlord owners, whom I detest. What is clear is that Benning followed in the footsteps of the Louie signing by bringing in 4 overpaid journeymen that we could have gotten the same value at a quarter of the price. Simply a terrible move. So yeah, I want an ownership change and a GM change. Doubt I am going to get the first.

Now we have a solid young core and very few overpaid players. I am truly amazed we aren't doing better. I don't think anyone expected EP40 to shit the bed the way he has. Hopefully, last game was a sign of a turnaround for him.

Go Canucks.

I think we should be heavily favoured in this game. However, they are getting Batherson back and it is Gaudettes debut as a Sen and he should be very motivated.

Regardless, my prediction ('cause I am such a homer) is that the Canucks win this 5 or 6 - 2. If Petey has a good game then the worst defence in the league is going to be facing 3 strong scoring lines being fed from strong passing defence. Recipe for a Sens disaster.

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
You don't blame the manager of a restaurant for understaffing when ownership limit payroll.

You can blame the manager when he uses most of the payroll to overpay the dishwashers and then running out of money to be able to pay his sous chefs[/QUOTE]
Quibbling over definition.

Sous Chef is the second chef after the executive chef.

In the Canucks case the problem was almost running out of money to pay (what should be) our two best players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad