Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sens - 3-2 (OT) (Hawyrluk, Pearson, Miller)

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks play in the last 3 games has to be a bit concerning for Green..The Habs game was on level with the first 15 games..a no show..The Oilers and Sens games were on the back of Demko...They're going to have to find lightning in a bottle for the next 3, or they will get their lunch handed to them.

If last nights game was an indication of the Sens on the flip side of a b2b, one can imagine how they'll come out a rested team.

Reactions: Indiana

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Real talk. With all the divisional games does anyone still think we have a shot at the playoffs. Not do we deserve it but can we fluke it and make it?

Big picture, we squeeze in and face the Leafs. what does it accomplish when we have 2 lines, and veteran guys that is not defensively mature enough. We are more shallow than last year. Their ZIP line is going to kill us, we cannot outgun them, we cannot out defend them in a 7 game series....Its all on Demko. but there is no other way to make the playoffs other than riding Demko a majority of time.... like 70 to 80% of the rest of games, the difference btw Demko and Holtby is vast. Looking at last night, its better that we sell some assets like Pearson/Sutter/Roussel and come back with a more refined roster and aim for a 3 line team in 2023.

We have a shot sure. But the cost for this franchise is heavy if we make it.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks play in the last 3 games has to be a bit concerning for Green..The Habs game was on level with the first 15 games..a no show..The Oilers and Sens games were on the back of Demko...They're going to have to find lightning in a bottle for the next 3, or they will get their lunch handed to them.

If last nights game was an indication of the Sens on the flip side of a b2b, one can imagine how they'll come out a rested team.
Without Pettersson, this team tries to lock it down and grind it out. But their roster just isn't built to do it consistently.

I for one am beyond fatigued with the Canucks 'rope-a-dope' approach. They spend large chunks of time running around in their own zone, coughing up shots and chances. You look up at the shot clock, and see the Canucks being outshot 10-1 at the start of games.

It looks much like the Vegas series last year. At times it's like watching an NBA team play the equivalent of some sort of half-court, zone defense. And you can predict that the coach will say " but we kept everything to the outside' after another lackluster outing.

I can't decide it it's coaching, roster construction or a combination of the two. But right now, Demko is a man on an island out there.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
//snip//

I can't decide it it's coaching, roster construction or a combination of the two. But right now, Demko is a man on an island out there.

Demko wishes he could be Chuck Norris

e371dae7ecd486421e39c38d9aa66317.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad