Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Oilers - 5-2 (Horvat x2, Miller x2, Mikheyev)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: December 23rd, 6:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Place, Edmonton, AB
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Mikheyev-Horvat-Boeser
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Pederson
Garland-Miller-Lazar
Joshua-Åman-Studnicka

OEL-Myers
Hughes-Bear
Stillman-Schenn

Delia

Oilers Line-Up:

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Foegele-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Janmark-RNH-Kostin
Holloway-McLeod-Ryan

Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Barrie
Niemelainen-Bouchard

Skinner

Last edited by a moderator:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Well a scheduled win for Edmonton.

This should be an angry team they are playing, it could be embarrassing but they seem to play Edmonton very close.

Seattle let the Canucks back into the game by trying to protect a lead no doubt something similar might happen here too.

In Vancouver game management let the Canucks get away with many non calls that ended up costing Seattle.
I am sure the home ice advantage could extend to this game as well but try to keep the game respectable.

Who knows the Canucks may delay leaving Vancouver hoping for a rescheduling of the game due to weather. :D

This should be an Edmonton win and it should be an easy one.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I thought Burroughs really struggled last night, so swapping him with Bear seems like an obvious one. Myers struggled more, but I don't expect him to slot out.

Should be another high-scoring one.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I thought Burroughs really struggled last night, so swapping him with Bear seems like an obvious one. Myers struggled more, but I don't expect him to slot out.

Should be another high-scoring one.

If anyone but Myers was throwing his pizzas around, they’d be headed out to Fraser Valley.

Burroughs and Stillman were actually decent as a bottom pair last night. Myers was the worst defensemen on the ice by far.

Bear should get back in, and I agree if/when he does Burroughs is likely the odd man out. But it continues to be a head scratcher.

Also, for Bear - hope he has a big night against his old team.

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
If anyone but Myers was throwing his pizzas around, they’d be headed out to Fraser Valley.

Burroughs and Stillman were actually decent as a bottom pair last night. Myers was the worst defensemen on the ice by far.

Bear should get back in, and I agree if/when he does Burroughs is likely the odd man out. But it continues to be a head scratcher.

I've really liked Burroughs this year but I thought he struggled last night. Myers with the more obvious mistakes, but Burroughs with the subtle ones that could have gone worse. Though credit for him stepping up for a well-timed fight.

Other than the one goal where he was caught standing around, I didn't mind Stillman either.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I've really liked Burroughs this year but I thought he struggled last night. Myers with the more obvious mistakes, but Burroughs with the subtle ones that could have gone worse. Though credit for him stepping up for a well-timed fight.

Other than the one goal where he was caught standing around, I didn't mind Stillman either.

I thought Schenn had a really poor game too. Had some obvious mistakes but also was quiet slow. Looked overmatched much of the night.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Anyone notice Horvat has taken a step back in interviews? Miller is taking more now.

Myers it the only reason this team loses, he is the worst player on the ice. It is strange though how he isn't the worst plus minus player most nights.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

Myers is in the lineup due to his name and reputation of being a silky smooth skating defenseman with size. We have seen this for years. His play just craters as the season gets going. I think being scratched for a bit would actually help him but coaching seems to think he's this 24 year old guy that needs to find his way.

Reactions: bh53

Love

Feb 29, 2012
What I want:

Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Pederson
Garland-Horvat-Mikheyev
Hoglander-Miller-Boeser
Lazar-Aman-Podkolzin

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Bear
Rathbone-Burroughs

What we’ll get:

Pearson-Pettersson-Chiasson
Dries-Horvat-Mikheyev
Eriksson-Miller-Boeser
Lazar-Aman-Garland

Myers-Myers
Myers-Myers
OEL-Myers

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If Jack Campbell starts, the Canucks will get this game to OT. If it’s Skinner, they lose.

Skinner gets the start.

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Foegele-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Janmark-RNH-Kostin
Holloway-McLeod-Ryan
Hamblin-Shore

Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Barrie
Niemelainen-Bouchard

Skinner
Campbell

Reactions: Vector

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Canucks will win. Oilers defence is somehow worse than ours.

Hopefully, Pettersson, Hughes, Kuzmenko put on a show again.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Edmonton will not be feeling charitable. With a win they stay ahead of Calgary and catch Seattle in points.

Hey, weather forecast has changed in Vancouver warming up now. Snow will all be gone except the mountains of it in 3 days.

This may be a record setting game, can McDavid catch Sittler's record? Or go for 50 goals in 50 games?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Despite the Canucks winning in OT last night , they still demonstrated the same symptoms of a team that lost 3 straight at home.
-Getting outshot in the 1st period, and conceding the first goal.
-Martin letting in at least 2 bad goals a game.
-Tyler Myers being responsible for an opposition goal against (through either a poor decision, or a needless penalty)..It doesnt stop there, all the D men are making panic decisions in our zone, which result in turnovers.
- Uneven performances by the top forwards..Other than the Pettersson line, the rest of the forwards seem to be treading water..Horvat and Miller especially.

The saving grace here, is that its an away game tonight...So who knows.

Reactions: m9 and canucksfan

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Despite the Canucks winning in OT last night , they still demonstrated the same symptoms of a team that lost 3 straight at home.
-Getting outshot in the 1st period, and conceding the first goal.
-Martin letting in at least 2 bad goals a game.
-Tyler Myers being responsible for an opposition goal against (through either a poor decision, or a needless penalty)..It doesnt stop there, all the D men are making panic decisions in our zone, which result in turnovers.
- Uneven performances by the top forwards..Other than the Pettersson line, the rest of the forwards seem to be treading water..Horvat and Miller especially.

The saving grace here, is that its an away game tonight...So who knows.
I thought all 3 of the other lines got outplayed and even when they had zone time it was either disjointed or just ringing the puck around the boards to each other with no real threat made to score.

Very strong chance that last night was another 5-1 loss without EP

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Splitting Miller and Bo makes sense when EP is out, but they have been red hot producing all year. Keep the loaded top 6, otherwise there's 3 lines with an anchor on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad