Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Oilers - 4-1 (Highmore x2, Horvat, Boyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Lol check out a tweener fan ripping on the Oilers.

Oilers slept through that game.
Canucks fans have seen this play out before. Sleepwalking through regular season games at the end of the season isn't good. People pretend they can "turn the switch" but generally they can't.

Also Koskinen is unplayable. You better hope 39 year old Mike Smith has extra bottles from the fountain of youth to keep him going because he needs to play every single game.

Reactions: Indiana

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
From an underlying standpoint
Hughes literally tilting the ice in this one at even strength, he doesnt have a higher score because he changed.
From the Edmonton side Evan Bouchard got absolutely decimated in this game
gamescore_card.png

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Canucks fans have seen this play out before. Sleepwalking through regular season games at the end of the season isn't good. People pretend they can "turn the switch" but generally they can't.

Also Koskinen is unplayable. You better hope 39 year old Mike Smith has extra bottles from the fountain of youth to keep him going because he needs to play every single game.

Guy is 40 and has a McDavid poster above his bed. I wouldn't waste my time.

Reactions: Fatass

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Lol check out a tweener fan ripping on the Oilers.

Oilers slept through that game.
Wrong forum bud. Oilers are going to get crushed in the playoffs though. Might win a round or two but there's a 0% chance you guys are doing absolutely anything.

Back to Canucks - we're going to win out our games, aren't we?

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Been enjoying a nice day at the lake.

Looks about what you would expect. A bunch of nobodies scoring in mean nothing games. Ie. Jokinen against the Oilers.

Reactions: Luongos Knob

AyyLmao

May 12, 2021
Edmonton
We are the Lowe/Chiarelli Oilers without McDavid
It’s not like you guys have Sutter signed for 3 years who would effectively aim for the playoffs every year until 2024, their org is garbage. Green is most likely gone so you’d maybe could tank for Wright and or Michkov/ Bedard. Aim for Dallas Eakins if he somehow slips through the cracks.

AyyLmao

May 12, 2021
Edmonton
Lol. Garbage time means nothing. The team they played knows this...
Well I know, the Oilers didn’t really care about the game but it’s a pride thing. Only thing concerning is watching Miller pouting and not giving it 100% all the time.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Well I know, the Oilers didn’t really care about the game but it’s a pride thing. Only thing concerning is watching Miller pouting and not giving it 100% all the time.

My point was really Oilers for years were the kings of garbage time. Good records down the stretch once eliminated or basically eliminated and a fan base that would get excited for the next season because of it. It means pretty much nothing. Or certainly far far less than the previous 6 years....

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
There's been few rays of sunshine in the general gloom of the season, but Thatcher Demko....are you kidding me? His usual three breakaways faced; shots in the slot from 15-feet out; and deflections from right on the doorstep.

Stoned Draisaitl twice on open looks; and McDavid on a clear-cut breakaway. At least ten, 10-bell saves. He's rapidly becoming a legit franchise goaltender--something the Canucks really haven't had since Luongo left town.

But sadly as others have posted, can see the Canucks going 3-1 in the last four outings, which could drop them from fifth to 12th or 13th in the draft lottery. But that's just the way it is.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Demko was fantastic.

No idea how Highmore got the 1st star, but whatever. He scored two goals but the second was awful and I'm not sure how much juice that first shot had.

I think Vesey has been better these last two games, though too little too late for him.

Honestly not much at all going on in this one, good on anyone who has more to offer than "Demko good, Kostinen bad".

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Oiler fans had better pray that 39-year old Mike Smith doesn't break down in their playoff run.

I have no idea if it's just the way he plays against the Canucks, but Koskinen is a sieve. Some of those goals were simply butt ugly.

I suppose they have Stalock waiting in the wings if Smith were to go down......but the Oilers are facing a guy in Hellybucyk who, if he gets on roll, might be the best money goaltender in the league.

I guess Oilers faithful are [praying that goaltending isn't the difference in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad