Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Leafs - 3-2 (OT) (Horvat x2, Hoglander)

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
One guy that nobody here dares to praise is Roussel who I thought was great especially in a PK role. At one point he out-hustled a Leaf and managed to get 2 SOG right afterwards. I simply don't get the hate this guy gets, he gives it his all every shift...
I like him well enough, but I don't think he brings quite enough to the table to justify the bad rep he has with refs.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Hey Nucks fans! I obviously don't love that we lost lol but I am happy to see some positive things happening again for the fanbase after the severity of Covid. It also looks like Hyman will be ok (not 100% confirmed) but looks to not be serious. I don't think any player ever intends to injure with a knee, not a good look and the league needs to send a msg, but I don't think it was intentional.

Good to see you back playing :)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
One guy that nobody here dares to praise is Roussel who I thought was great especially in a PK role. At one point he out-hustled a Leaf and managed to get 2 SOG right afterwards. I simply don't get the hate this guy gets, he gives it his all every shift...

Honestly - there's no one I was upset with. Even guys who were clearly in over their heads, really - they all showed up and worked their best in an extraordinarily difficult circumstance. I could name everyone on the roster as someone who made me proud to be a Canucks fan last night. Roussel included.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hey Nucks fans! I obviously don't love that we lost lol but I am happy to see some positive things happening again for the fanbase after the severity of Covid. It also looks like Hyman will be ok (not 100% confirmed) but looks to not be serious. I don't think any player ever intends to injure with a knee, not a good look and the league needs to send a msg, but I don't think it was intentional.

Good to see you back playing :)

Glad to hear Hyman might be OK (I hope that's the case). Thanks for the kind words, and best of luck down the stretch (just not against us? Pretty please?)

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
"Bo was sick so JT spoke first"
1) was JTM not also sick?

"Bo was sick so..."
2) "Bo organized a conference call..." So he wasnt sick? Or was he only sick to not stand up to ownership and NHL but was ok enough to organize a call?

:huh:

Perspective can always be spun to whatever narrative one wants.
You can argue Miller lacks maturity, with his loud F bombs in the game, with his very apparent frustration in front of media in the first half of the season, etc.
He's the guy that's in the spotlight, positive or negative, and one can wonder does a captain need to be the guy that's in the center of drama?

Reactions: Indiana

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
For Canuck fans. One of the best games I've watched for the heart, adrenylyn and knowing they were tired and rusty. There is a Mexican sports slang you say when men are strong in play but don't say around your mother. ¡A huevo! :thumbu:
Ay guey! Que manches!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad