Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Kings - 2-1 (OT) (Pettersson, Miller) | Crowned!

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Really odd review today, I feel you’re not giving lindholm or jt enough credit tonight.

That being said, everybody has the rights to their own opinions, all good there, but the first sentence not needed, taking shots at the fans for no reason.

even the coach himself said it was a fine and meh first period so I don’t get the whining comment when almost everybody was pointing out, we were struggling against that system.

I agree with pretty much the rest though.

There was a lot of negative comments about the team beyond just this game in the comments again the first half of the game, which has been common recently in the games where the team has been playing well but it hasn’t showed up on the score board. Everything’s been a little heightened since the recent skid

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
There was a lot of negative comments about the team beyond just this game in the comments again the first half of the game, which has been common recently in the games where the team has been playing well but it hasn’t showed up on the score board. Everything’s been a little heightened since the recent skid
Yeah, that’s fair, but people are human beings, there’s gonna be ups and downs, at the end of the day. As long as we stick with the team everything is going to be good.

We went through eight years of absolute shit, minus a bubble run. This is like nothing.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
LA would be an agonizing playoff opponent but one gets the sense that in a series you can get practiced picking that structure a part. Honestly wouldn't mind a pest in the back pocket to get under LAs skin, too.

Would love to see a healthy Joshua against this Kings team

Reactions: Wisp and Indiana

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Hughes took over the game.
10 High Danger shot attempts for, 1 against.

Hughes-Hronek pairing was on the ice for 35/34 shot attempts for. The next closest player on the Canucks was Boeser with 19 or Fiala with 23.

That's an insane level of domination.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Excellent result and nice to grind out a result in a tough, playoff like game.

I would like to see us beat up on a team soon though. It feels like we’re squeaking past a lot of teams by a goal or two and that it’s been a while since we blew someone out. Not a terrible problem to have if we’re still winning, but it would be nice nonetheless.

Reactions: Indiana

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah, that’s fair, but people are human beings, there’s gonna be ups and downs, at the end of the day. As long as we stick with the team everything is going to be good.

We went through eight years of absolute shit, minus a bubble run. This is like nothing.

I think that was kind of MS’s point though. That some people have been writing the team off too easily as they’ve been in a bit of a scoring slump here and we should have some perspective. They’re not the same bad team as the past 8 years, and this skid is nothing compared to those years.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
I’ll give a ton of credit to the coaching. Also, they definitely adjusted after the first, and played a more deep style to counter that trap.
Yup, it looked like they were attacking with speed, 4 skaters across and the defense carrying the puck in the 3rd to try and overwhelm the 1-3-1.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC

I'd have been unhappy with loss but happy with the battle

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
He just seemed to totally lose it for a month or so and was skating in mud, healthy scratched a couple times … and then has flicked a switch in the last 4 or 5 games and looks back to early season form.

You wonder if he was carrying an injury? Or got a wake-up call? Or was just worn out and some games off and load management refreshed him?

I still don’t know why NHL coaches aren’t more proactive in moving around the lower pieces to keep them fresh/hungry. I feel like that’s more important than continuity. Cole has needed a rest for 3 months

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong

I mean….

1709717243631.png

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Miller just continues to carry the team. He is willing us forward.

Excellent result and nice to grind out a result in a tough, playoff like game.

I would like to see us beat up on a team soon though. It feels like we’re squeaking past a lot of teams by a goal or two and that it’s been a while since we blew someone out. Not a terrible problem to have if we’re still winning, but it would be nice nonetheless.
We're also playing a ton of solid teams in quick succession.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
He just seemed to totally lose it for a month or so and was skating in mud, healthy scratched a couple times … and then has flicked a switch in the last 4 or 5 games and looks back to early season form.

You wonder if he was carrying an injury? Or got a wake-up call? Or was just worn out and some games off and load management refreshed him?
I could see it now.

JR in a trenchcoat smoking a cigarette. Allvin neatly dressed up holding a briefcase...

"Hey kid, want to go back to Chicago?"

Reactions: andora

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Over the first two games of this road trip the scoreboard doesn't look impressive, however, they've controlled 64% of the scoring chances and 77% of high danger scoring chances at 5-on-5. That's dominance. It may not be a scoreboard beat down but it is a beat down.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad