Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Jets - 3-2 (OEL, Burroughs, Garland)

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Need a good old fashioned stomping by the Jets. Also need the crowd to give it to management again tonight. Wednesday was an OK start, they need to be louder tonight. A jersey toss or 2 would go a long way as well

Reactions: Ozone and Oleksiak

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Calgary Flames.:sarcasm:

cut.jpg

But Sutter X2

I didn't think this team was good. It's been bad and was sooo bad last year. But even I didn't think that you could look at the standings on Nov 19, 2021 and say "They have NO chance at top 3 in the division". It would be so highly improbable at this point as they are needing 6 or 7 more wins than the top 3 over the last 65 games. So even if you think Calgary will only go 0.500 at 32-32-1...the canucks need to play at a 100 point pace. It doesn't seem like much but this team has not played at that pace over such a long stretch for 6 years. And, well, Calgary isn't just going to go 0.500. Perhaps the Ducks will, but then you still need to leap frog the Knights, Kings and Sharks.

So you are looking at the wild card...and that's almost as out of reach. After 8 years and a terrible start and ownership is right now banking on the canucks significantly outplaying ALL 6 teams between them and the last wildcard spot (note one of those teams is Colorado and if they push back into the top of the division it will be a team like St. louis or winnipeg). How crazy is that?

But Sutter and Motte indeed...

So what I'm saying to get back on topic is "Go canucks go" but also please don't. At least not for a another few weeks or so. We need the cancer to be cut out.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
But Sutter X2

I didn't think this team was good. It's been bad and was sooo bad last year. But even I didn't think that you could look at the standings on Nov 19, 2021 and say "They have NO chance at top 3 in the division". It would be so highly improbable at this point as they are needing 6 or 7 more wins than the top 3 over the last 65 games. So even if you think Calgary will only go 0.500 at 32-32-1...the canucks need to play at a 100 point pace. It doesn't seem like much but this team has not played at that pace over such a long stretch for 6 years. And, well, Calgary isn't just going to go 0.500. Perhaps the Ducks will, but then you still need to leap frog the Knights, Kings and Sharks.

So you are looking at the wild card...and that's almost as out of reach. After 8 years and a terrible start and ownership is right now banking on the canucks significantly outplaying ALL 6 teams between them and the last wildcard spot (note one of those teams is Colorado and if they push back into the top of the division it will be a team like St. louis or winnipeg). How crazy is that?

But Sutter and Motte indeed...

So what I'm saying to get back on topic is "Go canucks go" but also please don't. At least not for a another few weeks or so. We need the cancer to be cut out.

The funny thing is we've only played at a 100 point or greater pace once: Benning's first season with us.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The funny thing is we've only played at a 100 point or greater pace once: Benning's first season with us.

Exactly.

I hate to say it but while I will cheer canuck goals etc. tonight the best thing is for them really is to just to continue sucking...

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Could you imagine how good this team would be if they had a right handed centreman? Damn, so close. At least management now knows what the problem is and something can be done about it!

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Could you imagine how good this team would be if they had a right handed centreman? Damn, so close. At least management now knows what the problem is and something can be done about it!
Could you imagine the party if we had just one healthy defenseman (lefty or righty) in 2011. And no, Baumgartner doesn't count. Probably a better coach of the blueline than player.:sarcasm:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Why the f*** is Alex Chiasson on the power play?! Did Green just say, oh damn there’s a good ol boy who’s a big body presence?

Why was this guy even added here? Did Green see some good ol’ boy who has league wide connections?

For f*** sakes

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Just heard that EP and Boeser have been moved to pp #2. Chiasson moved to 1st unit.
I guess they've earned their demotions, but how about a boot out the door to the special teams coach, King.

It ain't working.

Reactions: Grub and Breakers

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Putting Dickinson on a line with Petttersson and Boeser is like tethering a couple of greyhounds to a fire hydrant. But if history is any guide, the lines will be back in the blender by the middle of the first period anyway.

Reactions: geebaan and MS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad