Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Jets - 3-2 (OEL, Burroughs, Garland)

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
i can imagine Winnipeg showing up much more than us despite playing tonight

It’s why them losing tonight was crucial. They’re not gonna come out sluggish. Only concern is Comrie is net most likely, but it still should be fine with the quality of our shots (or rather lack of).

Reactions: Indiana

likash

Apr 17, 2019
No matter how much the team sucks we will some games. Jets are tired. I think we will win the next 2 games and the shills will come back in force, claiming that the team is back on the right track. Canucks win this game 3-1. They surrender 1 power play goal to keep the tradition going strong.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Listening to the Vancast and Farhan gave advice on when to chant and boo...don't do it during breaks in play when they can drown you out be pumping out music. lol.

Rogers was clearly f***ing with the sound at the end of the game on TV. Saw clips from inside the arena, and the heckling and boos sounded much much louder.

Every fan just needs to not attend.

Also this:

Last edited:

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Listening to the Vancast and Farhan gave advice on when to chant and boo...don't do it during breaks in play when they can drown you out be pumping out music. lol.
Farhan knows what';s up. Listen to Farhan.:thumbu:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Rogers was clearly f***ing with the sound at the end of the game on TV. Saw clips from inside the arena, and the heckling and boos sounded much much louder.

Every fan just needs to not attend.

Also this:

Drance was alluding to that in the vancast I believe by saying it was getting reasonably ugly by the end of the game. It certainly didn't translate to TV which is too bad. At least social media and TSN was showing stuff.

This is as easy as it's going to get for the canucks. Two teams coming in on back to backs. Have to see what happens. The Jets are fast which gives the canucks problems. Hawks aren't good but they are now ahead of the canucks.

Though they don't have Sutter and we know that's the issue. But Sutter.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Am I the only one who resents the folks who complain but then post on here that they attend the games?

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Am I the only one who resents the folks who complain but then post on here that they attend the games?

Haven't attended a game since 2014.
I have gotten free tickets to attend 2 games but have passed on them both times.
I haven't spent a dime on this franchise since 2015.
Got rid of Sportsnet in 2018.

Others people may support the individual players or be hockey fans hence why they go to games. I don't hold it against them.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

I don't know. I think it can be a good thing to have long term ticket holders attend the games with items of protest. They've already paid the money so make the discontent clear. I think there is a good to come from making it visibly known that you are at the end of your rope.

For others buying day tickets it doesn't make sense to me but I'm not going to resent them. I know I've seen a few people post things like I don't want to go to the game but I have friends or family coming into to town who really want to go. Those people are going to go to the game. I just hope they minimize spend while there.

The best sign is that there are going to be a lot of seats available on secondary markets etc. That's pretty embarrassing for the only major sports entertainment in a large metropolitan area.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Haven't attended a game since 2014.
I have gotten free tickets to attend 2 games but have passed on them both times.
I haven't spent a dime on this franchise since 2015.
Got rid of Sportsnet in 2018.

Others people may support the individual players or be hockey fans hence why they go to games. I don't hold it against them.
Did you enjoy the bubble playoffs?

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I mean I’m on the island so it’s easy to decline tickets and maybe if I was local I’d attend but the team is 5th in attendance. The front office sees that as consumer confidence.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The Canucks always match up horribly against the Jets..especially in the last 7 years or so.

Canucks again, look to have a healthy roster, but as Benning announced yesterday , the team is officially 'mentally fragile'..It probably looks like more of the same tonight....We could have a 4 goal lead, and the team would find a way to implode, and lose the game...Thats the way it rolls for the team right now.

At some point here, you have to wonder if some of the players are going to throw in the towel on this season..?..Go through the motions till April, and find the exit doors at the end of the season.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Did you enjoy the bubble playoffs?

The Wild series was fun. Then it was fun watching Binnington pull an all time historic display of an awful goaltending (worse than Cloutier), but it became less fun in the Vegas series when it was crystal clear the team was just a pretender and was getting absolutely destroyed in all metrics except goaltending. A fun 6 weeks or so, completely undone by the ineptitude of an idiotic GM. A lot of weird wonky shit happened in that "bubble."

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Though they don't have Sutter and we know that's the issue. But Sutter.
Calgary Flames.:sarcasm:

cut.jpg

Reactions: likash and tantalum

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I mean I’m on the island so it’s easy to decline tickets and maybe if I was local I’d attend but the team is 5th in attendance. The front office sees that as consumer confidence.

Yeah, I haven't spent a dime on the team since 2014 (probably 2013 actually) but I'm also aware that it's easier to take the moral high ground when I don't live in Vancouver.

If I lived in Vancouver and was offered free tickets, I'd certainly have taken them. And maybe I would have bought 2nd hand tickets knowing that it didn't add any additional money directly to ownership.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah, I haven't spent a dime on the team since 2014 (probably 2013 actually) but I'm also aware that it's easier to take the moral high ground when I don't live in Vancouver.

If I lived in Vancouver and was offered free tickets, I'd certainly have taken them. And maybe I would have bought 2nd hand tickets knowing that it didn't add any additional money directly to ownership.

I didn't go to a game for free recently, during the last home stand.

To be honest, it wasn't even some measured protest or anything like that; I just plain didn't care enough about this team to bother dealing with the sub-15 minute trip to the rink and standing in lines and whatever to watch a bad team annoy me.

I'm kind of the main 'hockey guy' in my friend group, so I'm normally the first one people think of when they get tickets from work or whatever, and it was weird that I was just totally uninterested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad