Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Flames - 4-2 (Hamonic, Hoglander, Myers, Boeser)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Boeser is a modern day Thomas Vanek. Funny thing is that was his first season mentor
Boeser's 2-way game is better than Vanek's ever was imo, Brock's not some sort of 2-way player but he's improved enough defensively despite his lack of speed to no longer be considered a full on liability. Vanek was a flat out float run his own zone unless he saw an opportunity to create a turnover for an offensive chance.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Boeser's 2-way game is better than Vanek's ever was imo, Brock's not some sort of 2-way player but he's improved enough defensively despite his lack of speed to no longer be considered a full on liability. Vanek was a flat out float run his own zone unless he saw an opportunity to create a turnover for an offensive chance.

Was referring more to their offensive zone play. Boeser is a much better playmaker than he gets credit for and has that old school wrist shot.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I have to give credit where credit is due, I fully wrote Brock off and he proved me dead wrong. Excellent rebound season.

His speed is not what it was, but his shot came back and that is enough for him to be a 35 goal scorer every year.
His shot came back.

We thought it was a goner but his shot came back.

It just wouldn’t stay away.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Holtby wasn't backing up today. Maybe your boy is injured

Hmm if that's so then it has to be Demko, not even this inept clownshow organization would give a kid his first NHL start on the second-of-back-to-back-road-games when the team played in a different city the night before. I'm betting that barring SERIOUS injury we see Holtby...

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I thought Demko had a really good game up until the end but he's never going to get an easier start than this ever again. He gave up a lot of rebounds and his puckhandling still isn't fantastic. If he can play this well in tough games I'll be a believer...
You can watch the Vegas playoff round from last summer.

No need to . . . wait and see

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
It's a little tough when the game is on while a lot of people are working. :laugh: I streamed the game on my phone until my battery was running out, then I just listened on the radio.
Yeah, 1pm in a Tuesday?

How embarrassing, needing to be scheduled so that meaningful games can go on in prime time.

I think the only time I have ever been this embarrassed as a Canucks fan as when Gretzky and the oilers would laugh at our bench as they skated by, during the '80's.

Thank you Jim Benning, for making that happen. And it only took you 7 years.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Stupid early game. Why ohh why did you put the score in the title?!?!?!?!

how did you even know the score when you created this thread anyways

Reactions: Indiana

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Cg77Ec8.png

40 shots on Demmer. Cool

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Yeah, 1pm in a Tuesday?

How embarrassing, needing to be scheduled so that meaningful games can go on in prime time.

I think the only time I have ever been this embarrassed as a Canucks fan as when Gretzky and the oilers would laugh at our bench as they skated by, during the '80's.

Thank you Jim Benning, for making that happen. And it only took you 7 years.
What’s to be embarrassed about? Sure the fact that we all got COVID. But in this situation? There should be nothing at all to embarrass your precious buttocks off. Couldn’t have come back earlier, couldn’t have compressed games anymore, so it is exactly what it exactly is.

Reactions: Indiana and Nomobo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad