Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Flames - 4-1 (Myers, Hoglander, Joshua, Miller) | King in the North!

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
What a fun season for so many reasons. A big part of it was they weren't a damn laughing stock. So many other organizations had deeply embarrassing years and moments. Canucks finally eliminated the drama and BOOM! divisional title.

this time last year we would've spent the next three weeks dissecting that aquilini tweeted graphic lol

"why is silovs on there? ok so desmith won't be back"
"miller up top instead of next to quinn? and mikheyev is there instead??? clearly jt to pittsburgh is happening at the draft #rift"
"why isn't hronek smiling??? and he's looking the other way? contract negotiations going poorly smh"
"what is this? a tyler myers for ants?"

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
amused. and I can claim to be a mathematician, I won a few awards for it (mind you that was several hundred years ago). but I am reasonably sure that we are not, sadly, getting a 2nd Celebrini.
Don't know much about geography. Don't know much trigonometry. Don't know much about algebra.
Don't know what a slide rule is for.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I am not a rocket scientist.

Nor am I a nuclear physicist.

I can't claim to be a mathematician.

A brain surgeon? I think naught.

It would not be too much of a stretch to call me an illiterate dyslexic who suffers from both anxiety and narcolepsy.

But even I can see that the Canucks have mathematically eliminated themselves from getting a lottery pick.

jfc, another wasted season. The cherry on top of this shit sandwich will be some maroon coming along and thinking it would be funny to trick me into believing the Canucks already traded their first round pick away.
So youre an ivory dealer, I knew it

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
replies turned off 🤣

I love that Aquilini can never live down throwing his kid across the room. Every time anyone meets him for the first time, that's what they're thinking. No amount of money can change that.
His ego is probably damaged from almost a decade of failure when he was responsible for roster construction decisions, and then a year later after handing over the reigns to competent people, the team starts succeeding. His family probably knows how he was destroying the team’s ability to be competitive and how incompetent he was during the Benning era.

Reactions: mossey3535

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
His ego is probably damaged from almost a decade of failure when he was responsible for roster construction decisions, and then a year later after handing over the reigns to competent people, the team starts succeeding. His family probably knows how he was destroying the team’s ability to be competitive and how incompetent he was during the Benning era.

I doubt he has this much awareness.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Oilers board is lighting up over Hronek chirping the Flames bench to the effect that 'you guys will be on holidays in a couple of days". I guess he was urging them to 'chill out' after all the post-whistle scrums last night.

I know if the playoffs were go true to form, the Canucks and Oilers would meet in Round #2. That would shape up as one ugly, but emotional series.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
So game 1 looks like it’s going to be Sunday. Canucks just sent out an email / tweet about special tickets being released for game 1 Sunday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad