Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Flames - 4-1 (Myers, Hoglander, Joshua, Miller) | King in the North!

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
So personally I don't care about the Winnipeg game at all.

If we win, we could get first in the West, and if we win, we for sure get home ice against Winnipeg if we face them.

But I'd rather rest our guys.

Let Demko play but focus on playing good defense and giving him an easy night.

Sit Pettersson, Hughes and Miller. Put them out for PP's only.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
OIG3 (1).jpeg

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
not one of us predicted this ... I mean we all hoped, but sweet Jesus f***ing christ, we take the pacific and have home ice advantage for the first two rounds.

of course, there is a long ways to go, and there is not an easy win coming in any of it, but so nice to be a serious contender again.
I actually did predict this

In my own brain, I just never said it out loud or post it online. :naughty:

So personally I don't care about the Winnipeg game at all.

If we win, we could get first in the West, and if we win, we for sure get home ice against Winnipeg if we face them.

But I'd rather rest our guys.

Let Demko play but focus on playing good defense and giving him an easy night.

Sit Pettersson, Hughes and Miller. Put them out for PP's only.
If Dallas gets at least 1 pt tmr then it’s over

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
So...when are the Oilers passing the Canucks? December? January? February? March? April?!?!

What a fun season for so many reasons. A big part of it was they weren't a damn laughing stock. So many other organizations had deeply embarrassing years and moments. Canucks finally eliminated the drama and BOOM! divisional title.

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
So...when are the Oilers passing the Canucks? December? January? February? March? April?!?!

What a fun season for so many reasons. A big part of it was they weren't a damn laughing stock. So many other organizations had deeply embarrassing years and moments. Canucks finally eliminated the drama and BOOM! divisional title.
The Oilers have 82 more games in hand if you count next season.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Low key stoked we held on to the division. Think it's big for the psyche in the room.

Keep everyone possible home instead of traveling to WPG. Demko's ready, doesn’t need another game. Friedman-Juulsen in for Hughes-Hronek. Aman+PDG in for Miller and Boeser.

If we can add more bodies, do it and keep EP and Cole in Vancouver as well.

I don't care who we play. I don't care about top seed in the Conference. Treat the game like a preseason game and get ice time to guys who haven't played much lately.

Playoffs...can't wait!

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Far from a perfect game and they better tighten up for the playoffs. Again difference was goaltending - this time in our favor. Markstrom beaten high stick-side a lot and Demko outstanding.

Good

Blueger - was most relibale defensive forward and produced some offense. Real glue player in this game.

Myers - nice goal (got the book on Markstrom) and strong in his end. Might have been our best d-man in this game

Demko - plays like this and we have a chance in any playoff game

Joshua - really wonder if they should reunite the Blueger - Garland - Joshua line. Patches this year when they were clearly the best line and those three all looked good in this game.

Hoglander played in your face, playoff form in this game. Gave Flames trouble all game in their zone. Refs should have called unsportsman-like on Pachal for head -snapping on the one Hoglander penalty. Don't know how they could have missed it, after spending time reviewing the video.

Mikheyev - had his wheels going and got a lot of pressure on the Calgary all game. Handled the puck better and hopefully can find some scoring touch.

Others

Zadorov - as good as he was Edmonton, he was off in this one. Lot of sloppy play. Didn't link up well with the forwards defensively or offensively in this game

Suter - needs to better if he is going to help in the playoffs. Too many passes bouncing off his stick leading to loss of puck possesion

Anyhow congrats to the coaches and players for coming together and taking the Pacific. Those win streaks on the road trips back East were the key to me. So often a killer but this season a spring board to a very successful regular season.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
I fuggin love Hoglander

Millsy looks completely done with the regular season

Giraffe was a beast

Demko was gud

Kuzmenko looks better than ever, handles the puck like velcro.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I am not a rocket scientist.

Nor am I a nuclear physicist.

I can't claim to be a mathematician.

A brain surgeon? I think naught.

It would not be too much of a stretch to call me an illiterate dyslexic who suffers from both anxiety and narcolepsy.

But even I can see that the Canucks have mathematically eliminated themselves from getting a lottery pick.

jfc, another wasted season. The cherry on top of this shit sandwich will be some maroon coming along and thinking it would be funny to trick me into believing the Canucks already traded their first round pick away.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
I am not a rocket scientist.

Nor am I a nuclear physicist.

I can't claim to be a mathematician.

A brain surgeon? I think naught.

It would not be too much of a stretch to call me an illiterate dyslexic who suffers from both anxiety and narcolepsy.

But even I can see that the Canucks have mathematically eliminated themselves from getting a lottery pick.

jfc, another wasted season. The cherry on top of this shit sandwich will be some maroon coming along and thinking it would be funny to trick me into believing the Canucks already traded their first round pick away.
So many Michael buble burner accounts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad