Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Ducks - 8-5 (Kuzmenko x3, Horvat x2, Pettersson, Miller, Joshua)

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Am I being trolled or is this genuinely poor reading comprehension on my end?

Asking the audience.
No you're not..essentially OEL was in the lineup both games ..played 22-23 minutes (injured) and didnt hurt the team.(was even)..The team won twice without Hughes.

"A broken OEL playing big minutes (without Hughes) got us wins against the Kraken and Pens

I was implying that he participated in the games we won, and played fairly big minutes..Not that he was the star of the game, or was the sole reason we won...Maybe could have worded it better.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dez

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
It will say a lot about the lineup if they fall flat on their faces tonight...Looks like Martin is in for a struggling Demko

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

It's so damn true but that took years of hard work to foster that culture. You had the rookies being mentored by veterans. Guys like Linden were impactful role players in their final years. On D, you had Salo and Ohlund really ease guys like Bieksa and Edler into the lineup.

Unfortunately the transition period under Benning was a total disaster. Questionable guys came in. Questionable decisions were made with roster personnel. Guys who were deemed veteran presences in Tanev were discarded and Edler couldn't wait to split.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006

Hoping that Bieksa's lightheartedness and culture speech turns the tide on the Canucks season a bit.

OEL needs to come off PP2 and be replaced by Bear. Preferably, Boudreau mans up and sits OEL for game to play Rathbone, but that will not happen.

Also probably doesn't help that Bieksa was out there wearing #3 and Boudreau probably thought he was Rathbone just skating like shit.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Hoping that Bieksa's lightheartedness and culture speech turns the tide on the Canucks season a bit.

OEL needs to come off PP2 and be replaced by Bear. Preferably, Boudreau mans up and sits OEL for game to play Rathbone, but that will not happen.

Also probably doesn't help that Bieksa was out there wearing #3 and Boudreau probably thought he was Rathbone just skating like shit.

Only way OEL gets out of the lineup is injury.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
imagine getting you're a$$ handed to you, and you double down on Stillman
he's been the worst or bottom 3 in like every game on performance metrics.

FOH Boudreau.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
as a kid i thought the celebration of the 94 team was cringy as hell... and here we are however many years later and this is probably one of the only games of the year i'll actually tune into on time. bieksa absolutely deserves his flowers.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
He was actually terrific there the last time he played, and I 100% agree with that decision.
I completely agree. They honestly should’ve kept Brisebois in with the way he was playing too.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Reminds of Desjardins obsession of playing Jayson Megna with Sedins

like what the hell are you seeing that 99% of the hockey world isn't

i forgot about that lmao

Atleast when AV put Bitz with the Sedins it only lasted like 4 games. I feel like the Megna thing was for a quarter of a season or something

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Especially this game.

Hughes-Schenn
Rathbone-Myers
Burroughs-Bear

Give OEL a night off. Stillman doesn't need to be in a top-4 role. All Boudreau has done is shuffle the deck chairs.
Vector for head coach!
Boudreau for hfboards moderator!

• Haha
Reactions: bh53 and Vector

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
The funny part about stillman is this narrative that he "hits"

he has 11 hits in 6 games
guy is hardly some benchmark for physicality

Like 5 or 6 guys average more hits than him
schenn, Miller, Joshua, Lazar, burroughs............ those guys hit.
Stillman........ is like a "sort of"

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
The funny part about Dries isn't that he didn't play well on the PP, its that he's a 13th FWD AHL call up, put immediately on an NHL PP unit....

Reactions: tantalum

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Pittsburgh has averaged 103 points/season over the past 5 years and have Crosby/Malkin on their team. Why on earth would they have even considered a rebuild?
Because they are aging and now look at the situation they are in

They fell off a cliff because they did not transition AND no cups recently

Trying to stretch out vets

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
I think BB is having an identity crisis with the defence, but then I realized he doesn't actually run the defence. We aren't the Boston Bruins, Canucks should be built on speed and transition, Rathbone is part of the equation. Stillman should be sitting out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Breakers

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The funny part about Dries isn't that he didn't play well on the PP, its that he's a 13th FWD AHL call up, put immediately on an NHL PP unit....

It's probably the sort of thing that should happen more often.

A dominant AHL scorer is probably better suited to PP minutes than some solid middle-6 winger who is a better overall player because of size/skating/defensive play but can't execute cross-seam plays and quick passing in a PP setup.

Play guys to their strengths. No different than that Rathbone should be on the PP if he's in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad