Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Coyotes - 7-1 (Podkolzin x2, Chiasson x2, Garland, Dries, Pettersson)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Any chance Podkolzin becomes the 'second coming' of the Bolt's Nikita Kucherov?

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Lol Kucherov. I wish. I definitely think he will be a player though but honestly he plays like a Canadian. Maybe like a Gary roberts? Nischuskin works too. So hey we have Bo and nischuskin.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I always thought Podz could become a Marian Hossa type with a little edge to his game. Here’s hoping still 😬

Reactions: Deezone

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
None. Totally different players.

I've said since he was drafted that his upside is Evander Kane (minus the sociopathy) and I'll continue to stand by that.
Podz is already a way way smarter hockey player than EK ever was.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Kane minus the toxic personality traits is a dang good player. Don't mind that comparison and there are a lot of similarities. I do see less recklessness in Pod and maybe that will prevent so many injuries Kane dealt with.

Also saw Gary Roberts comparison above and Horvat earlier this thread. Can see those qualities too.

3g 3a=6pts in last 4 games

And he is relentless. He looks fast out there and that was one of the knocks on him, so kudos to him for putting in the work on his skating.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
He shows signs of being a better playmaker and Kane is probably a better shooter but to me they play a very similar sort of hard-driving two-way PF game.

I see him as a slightly better Hansen. His passing and vision is clearly better. Kane isn't a bad comparison, however. It's hard to read I think because the power forward game has evolved so much in even 10 years as the game got faster.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I see him as a slightly better Hansen. His passing and vision is clearly better. Kane isn't a bad comparison, however. It's hard to read I think because the power forward game has evolved so much in even 10 years as the game got faster.
That's aiming quite low. Production wise, he should match Hansen easily as early as next season. I think he can be much, much better than Jannik Hansen (not a knock to Jannik). Podkolzin has more elite tools.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
That's aiming quite low. Production wise, he should match Hansen easily as early as next season. I think he can be much, much better than Jannik Hansen (not a knock to Jannik). Podkolzin has more elite tools.

His offense is much better than Hansen, more than I initially thought of him. I meant more stylistically, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00