Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Coyotes - 7-1 (Podkolzin x2, Chiasson x2, Garland, Dries, Pettersson)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: April 14th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, B.C.
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet650

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup: (unconfirmed)

Pettersson - Miller - Garland
Podkolzin - Horvat - Chiasson
Dickinson - Lammikko - Lockwood
Hunt - Richardson - Petan

Hughes - Schenn
Ekman-Larsson - Myers
Dermott - Burroughs

Demko

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Pettersson - Miller - Garland
Podkolzin - Horvat - Chiasson
Dickinson - Lammikko - Lockwood
Hunt - Richardson - Petan

Hughes - Schenn
Ekman-Larsson - Myers
Dermott - Burroughs

Demko
On paper that is such an ugly lineup, but they are getting things done. I loved the physicality they showed against Vegas. Horvat Chiasson and Lockwood were really throwing their weight around and turning over pucks. I don't think that's a good strategy to play against a a team full of guys playing for contracts. For tonight, don't engage, capitalize on the powerplay, and bury your chances. And shut down the Ritchie-Boyd-Schmaltz line, they have been the only real threat.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I think we saw enough of Burroughs at forward. Hunt was better there. (Why is this even a discussion point lol)

It’d be very Canucks if we drop this game or the Ottawa game

Reactions: Ginger Papa

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
These last games have been their playoffs.

Dallas, LA or Vegas win 4 games they have left it doesn't matter. Not that need be posted again.

Playing for personal glory or jobs.

Whatever Bruce decides to do next year, good for him. IMO he has shown, more than just shown how much of an impact he can have on a team. I could expect Edmonton or Winnipeg knocking at his door, they are both win now teams and his coaching effectiveness could get them easily to the show.

I love seeing an old guy, you know, the one's the game has passed by, step in and revive a team. Sutter did it in Calgary and Bruce here in Van.

I expect we will not see the Canucks going stretches of the game hanging on by their finger tips.
Demko should have an easier night if he is playing.

But for some reason Arizona has had the Canuck's number.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
This last month round of games have all been pressure packed and playoff like atmosphere. Its will be a great experience for our young core to have gone through when we look back 10 yrs from now. You can see guys like Pettersson Horvat Hughes and Podkolzin who thrive under these situations and opportunities.

Gonna be a shellacking tonight boys, 5-1 Canucks.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020

Looks like that lineup may be confirmed.

I would agree Hunt was better at forward than Burroughs was, but it is what it is.

Might be they re trying to increase the value of some players for trade purposes, Chaisson, Garland

Although that is pretty much all they have isn't it?
Nothing left in the cupboard.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Might be they re trying to increase the value of some players for trade purposes, Chaisson, Garland

Although that is pretty much all they have isn't it?
Nothing left in the cupboard.
I kinda wish they would just try myers as a forward. Put him at the Chiasson spot with miller and Poddy. He might actually be more helpful and it allows Burroughs to keep playing Defense.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
This is the exact type of game the Canucks would normally lose. Season on the line, pull out a couple huge wins against a much better Vegas team, then come out flat against an awful Yotes team.

Hope I'm wrong, but I've seen this too many times.

If we lose it’s a 1-0 loss type of game like the one against Detroit

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Jeez those garland comments question if he has maybe asked for a trade or just saying he knows he has been shipped.

Last edited:

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Which ones?
Athletic article. Here's a snippet:

I really enjoyed Arizona. I probably had four or five of my best friends in the world on that team so it was always fun to play with those guys and we really enjoyed it.

It’s a big difference from the desert (where you’re) going to bed with no noises, no street sounds. Adjusting to the city has been a big difference for me. If I’m back here next year, I’ll probably live in a neighbourhood and not deal with the city.
my coach in the American League used to say “When you play with a clear head you play well” and I haven’t been able to play like that all year. I don’t know why but it just has happened.

I don’t love change, I like having the same thing over and over again and it’s been tough to adjust to that. But that’s on me, I have to be a lot better. I’m confident next year I’m going to be a lot better and that’s also I have to train a lot better in the offseason, train harder, work on stuff in my game that’s not great right now.

The "if I'm back here next year" is something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->