Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Coyotes - 5-4 (OT) (Garland x3, Miller, Pettersson) - Farewell, Cheech!

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Honestly just glad this season is over. What a nightmare

Hopefully theres some changes in the offseason and the draft to look forward to

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
She fell on her tailbone and has had major back pain ever since. My Dad has been away installing breweries* so I've had to move in for a week at a time to help take care of her and the dogs. She's making very good progress and will have a full recovery it's just going to take a while.

*He hadn't traveled all that much in years and suddenly is gone for weeks at a time across multiple breweries. Already was in Milwaukee and Australia and then left to Detroit yesterday. Once he comes back he's off Toronto, Montreal, and then Nashville.
Ok.

Sorry to hear she got hurt. But glad she is going to get better.

Tailbone fractures are no joke to endure.

Reactions: Vector

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Kill more people in apex legends.

Ironically beer league is winding down as well so I'm reading up or catching up on goaltending trends for general knowledge and developing a teaching strategy. Also considering switching equipment which I don't like doing in the middle of the season so will probably demo a bunch of stuff.

Raptors are out so not super interested in the NBA playoffs but I always love watching the NHL playoffs. Some good stories like how well the Boston goalie tandem will hold up, if the leafs will choke again, how much energy the Bolts have left in the tank, etc.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Imagine getting that slaughtered 5v5 against the coyotes

God I hate Tocchet’s systems
Wtf don’t tell me we aren’t making the playoffs next year. I thought he was a good coach. I been watching more highlights.

Nov 1, 2011
I'm kind of glad they found one more way to disappoint me. Its fitting.

I had money on them winning. But in regulation. And first they get off to a massive start... and then perform one of their classic meltdowns from the start of the year. Always a good idea to play the classics.

It’s the Canucks…take the over.

How we dropped three spots over the course of two meaningless games just kills me.

Quinntessential

Mar 25, 2013
This GDT turned into a Diablo thread and I’m all for it.

Remember playing D2 religiously when I was younger and getting disappointed by D3. Cautiously optimistic about D4, it looks like what D3 should’ve been.
How many legit ebug 08 valks did you have?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
This GDT turned into a Diablo thread and I’m all for it.

Remember playing D2 religiously when I was younger and getting disappointed by D3. Cautiously optimistic about D4, it looks like what D3 should’ve been.
Same!!

I hear the mechanics are very similar to D3.

Just with more grimdark visuals.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Imagine getting that slaughtered 5v5 against the coyotes

God I hate Tocchet’s systems
1) final game of the season for two teams with nothing further to fight for this year. One was at least playing in front of their home crowd and it wasn't the canucks

2) the canucks were clearly the dominate team in the first and took a big league. Not shocked at all the tables were turned for the remaining part of the game (and really only for the second).

Just saying this isn't really something that can be chalked up to a system or not.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
pAG2kKbfbZdklyYbwEVAKlu_yyyjaQnnySn2Kw.gif

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks started the season blowing a three-goal first period lead against the Oilers; and finished it the same way against Arizona.

A shame Kuzmenko couldn't hit the 40-game plateau; but being in and out of Tocchet's doghouse and having his place on the first unit PP taken by Di Guiuseppe of all people, didn't help.

Canucks have dramatically improved their organizational depth this season, but they're still relying on the same four or five players to carry the team night after night.

And clearly their hopes of any improvement rest on the shoulders of Demko. Because they still don't have a reliable backup.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
we won games after it did not matter against garbage teams. Now people think Tocchet is the answer and our problems are over, we just ran out of time this season

Tocchet is crap. People will realize that next season when games actually matter. His style will turn the team against him as his calling out out players in public style wears too thin and selectively benching players is magnified.

Our clown management made the change to tocchet knowing the season was toast and it had a layup back end schedule. They wanted to get the pressure off of themselves. Short sighted move in typical Canucks fashion

We need to get rid of Miller’s contract, dump Garland, dump Boeser, and dump Myers. Bring in bigger and faster forwards so and get a top 4 D man. Only then will this team stand a chance. But will we? Nope

We will trot out with the same old and hope for different results…..without Bedard

Reactions: credulous

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks can realistically only afford 'one' of Garland, Boeser or Beauvillier, moving forward.

At least one of them will have to go this off-season. Best guess is that it's Boeser. But that contract will mean only a meagre return.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Larschied and now Garrett gone... A whole generation++ of the voices we associate with our team on radio an tv .. sad...
Expected ... But very sad.. reminder of how old I'm getting...

Well imagine those of us that remember jim robson on radio

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Final season report card for me

A = Pettersson Hughes
B = Kuzmenko Miller
C+ = Joshua Michayev Beauvillier

C = Garland Boeser Demko Amen Bear DiGuiseppe Wolanin

C- = Dries Burroughs Podkolzin Hoglander Brisebois
D = OEL Myers Martin Delia Studnicka Kravtsov

I = Hronek Pearson Dermott Poolman Rathbone McDonagh Hirose McWard Silovs Raty Juulsen

Will need 10-12 C+ or better to be a good team next year

Relative to contract, role, and expectations :

Pettersson A
Hughes A
Kuzmenko A
Joshua B+
Aman B
Di Giuseppe B
Mikheyev B-
Miller C+
Bear C+
Garland C+
Beauvillier C+
Demko C
Dries C
Delia C-
Studnicka C-
Myers D
Boeser D
Podkolzin D
Hoglander D
Kravtsov D
OEL F
Martin F

Reactions: gringo

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Relative to contract, role, and expectations :

Pettersson A
Hughes A
Kuzmenko A
Joshua B+
Aman B
Di Giuseppe B
Mikheyev B-
Miller C+
Bear C+
Garland C+
Beauvillier C+
Demko C
Dries C
Delia C-
Studnicka C-
Myers D
Boeser D
Podkolzin D
Hoglander D
Kravtsov D
OEL F
Martin F

Why you gotta do our boy Burroughs dirty like this?

• Haha
Reactions: MS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad