Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Coyotes - 5-4 (OT) (Garland x3, Miller, Pettersson) - Farewell, Cheech!

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
quinn hughes finishes the year with 77 pts, second among dmen

for context, that’s more than kesler ever scored in one season, and neither courtnall not adams scored more in a year and they played here in the early 90s
Quinn should finish with 76 points no? Tied with Morrissey.

Reactions: Indiana

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
One of the mysteries with this team is why isn't Garland used more in OT. He is one player on this team that can create his own chances. the other mystery is why Boeser is used at all.

One thing this game made clear is that McDonough is going to need more seasoning. Glad he wasn't benched more the full final period but lot of things really caught up to him in this game. Other things this game confirmed is that Burroughs needs to be brought back (he had very good final quarter of the season), Garland needs to be retained, McWard has upside and Delia should never again be seen in a Vancouver jersey.

Too bad we screwed up the draft choice so bad. This team still has a very long ways to go before they are any kind of contender and, in the end, they have only cemented themselves as a mid-pack, mid-draft also ran. This management is trying to patch things together (and are light years ahead of the dimwits who they replaced) but the very difficult steps needed to get to the top are still being avoided.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
What are you guys going to do now? Biking in Vancouver is a good hobby during the off season
More music stuff. Probably get to perform again this summer, for the first time since Covid started.

Some nerdy stuff too like Warhammer 40k etc.

All my sports have ended now. Houston Rockets out of the playoffs. Bengals and the NFL done.

Likely will watch some playoff hockey with my buddies if they broadcast at a sensible time for us.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Final season report card for me

A = Pettersson Hughes
B = Kuzmenko Miller
C+ = Joshua Michayev Beauvillier

C = Garland Boeser Demko Amen Bear DiGuiseppe Wolanin

C- = Dries Burroughs Podkolzin Hoglander Brisebois
D = OEL Myers Martin Delia Studnicka Kravtsov

I = Hronek Pearson Dermott Poolman Rathbone McDonagh Hirose McWard Silovs Raty Juulsen

Will need 10-12 C+ or better to be a good team next year

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Boeser makes it really hard to continue thinking he's integral here. -20 on the season.

Happy for Garland. He gives maximum effort.

Beauvillier achieved a career high, good for him.

Myers is hilarious. Always has been.

Hirose is promising. Hope he returns like this.

McDonough needs work.

Wonky game overall.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
What are you guys going to do now? Biking in Vancouver is a good hobby during the off season

Raising my damn children!

My other hobbies include making and playing video games and watching Blue Jays. Just started Everspace 2 and there's Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, Miasma Chronicles, Diablo IV, Sea of Stars, & Starfield all coming out in nearly successive months so I will be feasting. Steadily working on my own game and hoping to get that released before the end of the year.

I'll also be traveling to Japan in July so my son can meet his grandparents there for the first time.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Raising my damn children!

My other hobbies include making and playing video games and watching Blue Jays. Just started Everspace 2 and there's Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, Miasma Chronicles, Diablo IV, Sea of Stars, & Starfield all coming out in nearly successive months so I will be feasting. Steadily working on my own game and hoping to get that released before the end of the year.

I'll also be traveling to Japan in July so my son can meet his grandparents there for the first time.
Diablo 4 is going to take so much out of my life, My lord.
Wife is gonna have to drag me from playing it

Reactions: Indiana and Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Diablo 4 is going to take so much out of my life, My lord.
Wife is gonna have to drag me from playing it

Did you play the beta a few weeks ago? That was when my mom got hurt so I spent an entire weekend playing every class. Holy crap am I ready for the full release.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Did you play the beta a few weeks ago? That was when my mom got hurt so I spent an entire weekend playing every class. Holy crap am I ready for the full release.
Legit was depressed when beta ended. We should group together

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Your mom ok?

She fell on her tailbone and has had major back pain ever since. My Dad has been away installing breweries* so I've had to move in for a week at a time to help take care of her and the dogs. She's making very good progress and will have a full recovery it's just going to take a while.

*He hadn't traveled all that much in years and suddenly is gone for weeks at a time across multiple breweries. Already was in Milwaukee and Australia and then left to Detroit yesterday. Once he comes back he's off Toronto, Montreal, and then Nashville.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

Back when Diablo 3 was first released, I spent $120 CAD and bought the collector's edition.

Now that Diablo 4 is on the horizon, part of me thought maybe I should grab its collector's edition? I mean the candle is not as cool as the diablo skull and glow soul stone USB but still OK I guess? Although I'm not really confident about the good ol Diablo experience that Bliz may fail to deliver. So I was on the fence, until I realized...D4 collector's edition does not contain the actual game LOL.

So the collector's edition is 133 CAD with no, f***ing, game.

Reactions: Indiana

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Back when Diablo 3 was first released, I spent $120 CAD and bought the collector's edition.

Now that Diablo 4 is on the horizon, part of me thought maybe I should grab its collector's edition? I mean the candle is not as cool as the diablo skull and glow soul stone USB but still OK I guess? Although I'm not really confident about the good ol Diablo experience that Bliz may fail to deliver. So I was on the fence, until I realized...D4 collector's edition does not contain the actual game LOL.

So the collector's edition is 133 CAD with no, f***ing, game.

DON'T BUY COLLECTOR'S EDITIONS!

I've never been enticed by them but I avoid as much clutter as possible. Just my own insane collection of notebooks.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
DON'T BUY COLLECTOR'S EDITIONS!

I've never been enticed by them but I avoid as much clutter as possible. Just my own insane collection of notebooks.

One can make an argument for or against collector's editions or whatever, but when a COLLECTOR'S EDITION of a game costs $133 CAD and doesn't contain said game, that's not just crossing the line, it's taking the landmass where the line is drawn and throwing the whole continent towards the Sun, Superman-Returns-style.

No Bliz, f*** your greed.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
She fell on her tailbone and has had major back pain ever since. My Dad has been away installing breweries* so I've had to move in for a week at a time to help take care of her and the dogs. She's making very good progress and will have a full recovery it's just going to take a while.

*He hadn't traveled all that much in years and suddenly is gone for weeks at a time across multiple breweries. Already was in Milwaukee and Australia and then left to Detroit yesterday. Once he comes back he's off Toronto, Montreal, and then Nashville.
Happy to hear shes doing better man
My brother has really bad tailbone problems for years now, it's a huge pain in the ass

Reactions: Indiana and Vector

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad