Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Canadiens - 2-1 (Pettersson, Garland)

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada
1 win does not mean anything
Benning:

kjdkXXm.gif

Reactions: Hit the post

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
An enormous effort by the Canucks see them break another losing streak by defeating Stanley Cup Finalists, Montreal to maintain their 28th position in the standings and last in the Pacific division. A loss would have resulted in dropping to 29th.
Green had the team go all out on offence, to play run and gun the whole game sacrificing some defensive play. He rightly judged that Montreal's third string goalie would not be able to match up with his Number One, Demko. That missing over 5 regulars Les Canadiens would not be a match for a fully healthy Canucks squad.

Can it be said the Nucks hung on for a 2-1 victory on the ice but not much traction in the standings? Ya, they beat a team worse than themselves?
And next is a team struggling to overcome covid protocols and behind them as well.

Reactions: Grantham

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Two teams last night that are obviously going nowhere in the standings this year. At least the Habs have been proactive and cleaned house early, signing the best guy available. Meantime the Canucks soldier on with lame ducks in the front office and behind the bench.

Last night's game featured more turnovers than a bakery convention. In the second period I counted four turnovers by that Myers-OEL tandem on the same shift. And the trend continued almost all night.....but with the help of Lady Luck and Demko's heroics they managed to survive.

Seems obvious that the Habs, Sens and the Canucks will be part of the lackluster lottery brigade all season long. Can't see how any of these teams out-tank the Coyotes, but I suppose anything is possible.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
A terrible game, our one trick pony managed to perform his one trick and Demko once again saved our bacon. Imagine paying a hundred bucks to watch that garbage...

Reactions: Indiana

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
Did we all watch the same game? I was entertained. Positive takeaways. Two great goals. EP40 with his classic one timer on the PP, which has been sorely missed. Great pass by Bo for a pretty goal by Garland. We got the first goal. We had a very dominant start to the game and a dominant second period.

Though it looks like the season is gone, I would like to see entertaining hockey. We have a good young(ish) core that I would like to see bounce back from our disastrous start. I am also happy with our bottom players. They are not doing anything great, but we are paying them the right amount instead of having a bloated set of salaries.

In a perfect world, we will get new management. We will wind up in the lower end of the pack and luck out on a very good draft pick in a strong draft year.

Reactions: Nomobo

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
The Canucks played last night and it already feels like that game was a week ago. Am I the only one that is suffering this weird timespace malady?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The Canucks played last night and it already feels like that game was a week ago. Am I the only one that is suffering this weird timespace malady?
I stopped watching, no longer entertained

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad