Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Blackhawks - 4-1 (Dickinson, Pearson, Boeser, Garland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I noticed this as well and his outlet passing has been excellent. Him and Myers have actually been a really good top4 pair to this point. Would be nice if half the top6 could get their games out of the gutter. We might have something
There was a particular play I remember strongly, the lotto line was cramped in for over a minute until OEL smartly lift the puck off the glass and out of the play when he had the chance.

Reactions: bh53 and sting101

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I’ve been banging the Poolman drum since before we signed him. Really stoked with the start he’s had and that he’s making some fans.
Yes when you consider the 3.4 million cheaper in AAV compared to Schmidt the trade off has been pretty good.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I'm struggling to get over this. Can't believe he said this and tried to tie Shorthouse into it on live television. Like, I can't even think about the game at all.

Can't recall ever hearing someone as composed as Shorty lose it like that. You can tell he wanted no part of the media mob on his ass if someone takes that the wrong way

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
I'm struggling to get over this. Can't believe he said this and tried to tie Shorthouse into it on live television. Like, I can't even think about the game at all.
It's almost like panic fire with some of the stuff he says. It not something he really meant to say. Almost a mild form of Tourette's.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Yup.
I really do like Hirsch. He probably would be great, sitting on the couch of a house party watching a Canucks game.

I'll be surprised if he finishes off the road trip, and shocked if we see him again.

Like I mentioned, good dude without proper broadcast training..

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
It's almost like panic fire with some of the stuff he says. It not something he really meant to say. Almost a mild form of Tourette's.
He just speaks his mind, and makes jokes. I love that about him!

But it will cost him, on TV.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Can't recall ever hearing someone as composed as Shorty lose it like that. You can tell he wanted no part of the media mob on his ass if someone takes that the wrong way
And this is the whole point:
Social media is a wild fire cancer - spreading fast and uncontrolled. Shorty wanted NO part of it.
Nor should he.

It's a shame on many levels.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I noticed this as well and his outlet passing has been excellent. Him and Myers have actually been a really good top4 pair to this point. Would be nice if half the top6 could get their games out of the gutter. We might have something

It's bizarre...that pairing is still grossly overpaid as a whole but for once the "throw shit together and see if it works" approach to the defence pairings is working.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Yup.
I really do like Hirsch. He probably would be great, sitting on the couch of a house party watching a Canucks game.

I'll be surprised if he finishes off the road trip, and shocked if we see him again.

Like I mentioned, good dude without proper broadcast training..

He’s been calling games as a fill in for almost 15 years now. That’s what blows my mind. It’s not like he’s never done this before. He’s just not built for it.

I respect him a lot for being open about his mental health, struggles, and he seems like a very nice man. Don’t want him anywhere near a broadcast for a good long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad