Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Blackhawks - 4-1 (Dickinson, Pearson, Boeser, Garland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Holy fuuuuuuuuck the cringe
I'm kind of digging Hirsch and his cringe off the cuff comments but I'm also a fan of awkward cringe humor. It makes the broadcasts slightly more interesting to me but I understand Shorty's reaction to the "joke" in light of Hirsch's mental health issues.

Reactions: mossey3535

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
But anyways.. We Won!

+:
500 thru 5 on the road. Even in the key stat (Wins-Regulation Losses)
Even GDiff.
1-0 vs the west.
Top 9 falling into place... Miss Motte.

Crack the Kraken..
Raise the bar!

.500 is 82 point pace. The last GM was fired for 83.

even GD having played some bad teams.

Top 9 falling into place? What are you watching?

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Seth Jones is playing like he might be in the worse deal in the league pretty soon.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
He's toxic on any line.

If he's going to pout it doesn't matter if he was on wing with Mario and Wayne, he's going to pout.
Im actually curious if his energy is impacting any of the players. He just seems pissed off all the time. Curious what Boeser, Horvat, Petey, Hughes, OEL actually think

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Im actually curious if his energy is impacting any of the players. He just seems pissed off all the time. Curious what Boeser, Horvat, Petey, Hughes, OEL actually think
Did you see Horvat doing the Miller and cussing and smashing his stick? I would say some of that energy is rubbing off on other guys.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
For all the handwringing and trash talking of Pearson and Myers they have been 2 of our best players to date and 2 in a VERY small group that have been willing to engage in physical battles.

And the 3rd line stepped up nicely....very good game from Highmore. You all think he's a plug but i see a player that has more to give. Has some skills for a energy player. Even the end of last year he showed some flashes. Did have a slow start to this year and a poor pre season but he can jump onto a 3rd line occasionally and help out from what i've seen. Don't mind him at all

Personally haven't liked Pearson's game but he does have 3p in 5gp, and is fine defensively for the most part. If he continues at that point pace I won't complain.

Still rather he be moved down into more of a checking role.

Myers has been decent overall especially considering he's not playing easy minutes.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I'm always glad when we win but man am I tired of "sure they won but it was ugly". Feels like the soundtrack for the last slightly-less-than-a-decade.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
That is about the most depressing thing I've heard in a while. Self deception is a hell of a drug.
This is the exact quote after Green was asked about the 14-3 high danger scoring chances against:

Green dismissed the concern. “They had 21 shots, even-strength,” he said. “I haven’t seen the analytical report yet, but we didn’t have it at 14 high-danger chances, I know that. We just gave up one goal.”​

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
That Seth Jones trade is just wowza. Columbus might rebuild on the fly from that one alone. The pick this year could end up being massive. Sillinger is already playing NHL. Nice to see a team like Chicago suffer a bit.

the puck is lottery protected, so if Chicago continues to be this bad, they’d better hope they win a lottery spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad