Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Dallas Tuesday, 5:30PM, SNV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Loving Burrows and Higgins on the PK, wouldn't be surprised if they get a shorty here soon.

And I know the twins are masters of the pass but at times Sedinery goes into retrograde and they throw some brutal passes telegraphed right down the middle. Like to see them cut down on those, but i suppose when you are puck moving wizards as they are then live by the sword die by the sword kind of thing.

5-3 Nucks. Burrows with all 5 and someone finally wins the Safeway million dollars.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I think a little patience is really needed with Vey. He's barely played at all in this league. Now is not the time to decide that he's wrong for this team.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Should be a fun game really. Just want to try and keep them off the PP. Think we could take them at even strength with their defense.

We're actually more dangerous at even strength than on the PP....especially when Ruff loads up the top line.

Our special teams can be a hot mess on most nights. :laugh:

Good luck tonight, should be a good one. :yo:

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Their top line has 21 points in five games...4.2 points per game.

Our top line has 18 points in four games...4.5 points per game.

Including a couple empty netters... Our top line is deadly if you pull your goalie! :sarcasm:

Not sure if any of their points have come from empty netters though.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Their top line has 21 points in five games...4.2 points per game.

Our top line has 18 points in four games...4.5 points per game.

how many of those points were against Alberta? lets see what they can do against real teams like the Stars top line has done.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
Including a couple empty netters... Our top line is deadly if you pull your goalie! :sarcasm:

Not sure if any of their points have come from empty netters though.

Well, their top line has been shut out twice so far in the first five games...while ours has not.

Their top line may be good...as is ours. I don't see a significant advantage in terms of top lines...which was my point to the poster I quoted.

arsmaster*

Rather have Matthias center the 3rd line. We've seen he's much better in the middle, and has been playing well the last couple games.

I think the best way to go is have a checking line and a kid line in the bottom-6, and really shelter the kid line as much as possible:

Richardson - Matthias - Hansen
Horvat - Vey - Kassian

IMO, Vey doesn't fit on a line unless he's the center of an offensive line. He's not ready to play center (in his own zone) in the NHL but I feel like he's a square peg in a round hole everywhere else.

To the bolded: We have?

I don't think Matthias has ever looked good in the middle and that grouping with Richardson in the middle and Kassian and Matthias on the wings is the best we've ever seen Kassian play in the NHL. Glad they're trying that one out.

This lineup needs Horvat.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Their D...

Goligoski-Daley
Benn-Dillon
Oleksiak-Connauton

At least they're on home ice to protect that 3rd pairing.

Daley does well vs the Sedins, so i expect them to work to get that matchup..

Benn-Spezza-Seguin Vs our 2nd and 3rd lines..
Roussel-Eakin-Garbutt vs Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata..
McKenzie-Fiddler-Hemsky vs our 3rd and 4th..
Cole-Horcoff-Sceviour vs the 4th and 3rd..

Hopefully the canucks are able to force em to go into the blender..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad