Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Dallas Tuesday, 5:30PM, SNV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
:nucks @ :stars

Projected Line-ups (subject to change)

Canucks

Dank - Hank - Vrby
CHiggy - Bonner - Dat Weasel Guy
Hollywood - Linden - The Rustler
Doorknob - Luongos Payback - Honey Badger

A&E - Tanner
Bubbleface - Boom Boom
7th man - Scapegoat
Frankie C

Miller Time
Stork

(Injuries: Horvat (in Utica), Stanton "Day to day", Sestito "bruised ego")

Dallas
(taken from their last GDT)
(which took forever cuz apparently no-one calls people by their actual names anymore)

Jamie Benn-Tyler Seguin-Colton Sceviour
Erik Cole-Jason Spezza-Aleš Hemský
Antoine Roussel-Cody Eakin-Ryan Garbutt
Shawn Horcoff-Vern Fiddler-Patrick Eaves

Alexander Goligoski-Trevor Daley
Jordie Benn-Brenden Dillon
Kevin Connauton-Patrik Nemeth

(injuries: Sergei Gonchar IR Ankle, Valeri Nichushkin Day-to-Day Groin, Rich Peverley IR Heart-related Issue)

GO :nucks GO!

Wang Gretzky

Nov 8, 2013
First real test for Miller lets see how he does. I see us getting lit up we have no counter for that first line.

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
Another good test for this team. Dallas has a talented and likely underrated set of forwards.

These are the games early in the season that matter come game 82. It's plausible that we could be battling a team like the Stars for a playoff position.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
On aggregate, Dallas's offense isn't really a huge step up from Tampa's, awesome as Benn and Seguin are. Their D is worse, too. It could be another really fun game.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Dallas D is weak...........take advantage of that and should win. Goal is to shutdown Benn and Seguin......and perhaps Spezza/Hemsky as well

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Our D-men and goalie can handle their elite forward group, but our forwards have to do a much better job than they did against Tampa.

Dallas's team defense is weak. Good opportunity for our bottom-9 to contribute.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Can I get a translation of the nicknames in the line up please

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Higgins - Bonino - Burrows
Richardson - Vey - Kassian
Dorsett - Matthias - Hansen

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Sbisa - Weber
(Corrado)

Miller
Lack

*OP has Weber and Sbisa on opposite sides

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
God I hate their first line. :( The Dmen will have to be up to the task or we'll be lit up like a Christmas tree.

Last edited:

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
If hamhuis isn't up to par like his normal self. That first line is going to run us out of our own building. Not to mention the trouble Edler is going to have fighting off Spezza.
The top 9 of the Stars is going to deadly. It's stronger than Tampas but their blueliners are weaker. Our defense has to hold up.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Aww man, I thought this game was today. One of the announcers was talking about a 3 in 4 nights starting this passed Friday's game.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Colton Sceviour first line, how long has it been that way? I really do not know as I care so little for Dallas.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
PS I'm putting in Corrado over Weber since he got called up. No one but Stanton is injured, right?

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Colton Sceviour first line, how long has it been that way? I really do not know as I care so little for Dallas.

They've tried a few things since Nicushkin has been hurt. Obviously he'd be on that line if healthy. Sceviour has been a healthy scratch and played on other lines so I think they're just juggling though. They just need someone to fetch pucks out of corners on that line anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad