Canucks Clinch A Playoff Spot!!!!

Robert604strom

May 31, 2010
Victoria
At this point i think we beat Calgary 4-1 Just like Sanjose series from the cup run each game will be tight and 1 goal games.

If L.a pulls a rabbit out the hat i say Canucks 4-3 and with the game 7 win we crush the kings game 7 ora.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
At this point i think we beat Calgary 4-1 Just like Sanjose series from the cup run each game will be tight and 1 goal games.

If L.a pulls a rabbit out the hat i say Canucks 4-3 and with the game 7 win we crush the kings game 7 ora.

Game 7 against the Kings would be a nauseous, vomit inducing 3 hours.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
How about some pump up vids/positive playoff talk than rehashing the 2011 finals for the umpteenth time? Just clinched last night, no need to start off on the sourest of notes.

No kidding.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I wonder if there are going to be some of those Johnny Canuck videos again. I know some people found those cheesy but I loved them!

By the way, am I the only one who wishes I could just go into a coma for a week and wake up when the playoffs start? It's going to be a long 6 or 7 days....

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I wonder if there are going to be some of those Johnny Canuck videos again. I know some people found those cheesy but I loved them!

By the way, am I the only one who wishes I could just go into a coma for a week and wake up when the playoffs start? It's going to be a long 6 or 7 days....

At least you don't have exams right when playoffs start...

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Greg Adams has 3.

He scored the Game 6 OT winner in 1993 against the Winnipeg Jets. It was a controversial goal because he crashed into the goalie to score the goal. It was also the series-winning goal. He scored the Game 5 OT winner in 1994 against Toronto; he scored the OT winner the very next game in Game 1 of the Rangers series.

He's the only Canuck to score OT goals in back-to-back playoff games!

Cliff Ronning has 2 playoff goals as well.

Adams and Burrows are the Canucks all-time leaders in series OT winners with 2 each, I believe?

Damn you tantalum for making me curious enough to rewatch the goals in game 3.

First one Edler breaks his stick. Puck goes off him.

2nd - kesler tips it into his own net.

3rd - Marchand half breakaway (you could tell kes was badly injured when Marchand skated by him like he wasn't there).

4th, bad rebound for Lu.

Shouldn't have come out for the 3rd.

Can someone please post a happy .gif now. :(

Yeah that entire game was just all sorts of puck luck going the Bruins' way. So was the entire series with how injured we were.

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
Who do you guys think will step up as that playoff guy?

I think Kenins will be the surprise guy and Horvat will take some time to adjust to playoff pace due to inexperience.

Kassian should start proving to the team that he's "built for the playoffs" like those big power forwards always seem to be labelled as.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

I think Kenins will be the surprise guy and Horvat will take some time to adjust to playoff pace due to inexperience.

Kassian should start proving to the team that he's "built for the playoffs" like those big power forwards always seem to be labelled as.

Sadly, don't think we are going to see Kassian this playoffs.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site

Playoff guy? definitely Bonino. I was impressed with him last year during the playoffs.

Not sure what else to expect from this group. Sedins should be around PPG. Burrows and Vrbata should pop some goals. Higgins and Hansen have had disappointing playoffs lately. Don't expect much from east coast Matthias. Horvat is a rookie so don't know what to expect. same for Kenins. Dorsett will give 100% but won't provide much offense. Richardson and Kassian are wildcards if they can play.

If I go with a complete wildcard it would be Baertschi sticking it to the flames.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
after recent moves i honestly cant decide if i want to invest all-in emotionally in this run, cause i think "the playoffs" are gonna become a mythical beast we associate with the sedins and nobody else soon. the chances of us winning it all are pretty slim but the chances of us having another chance this good in the upcoming years are even slimmer

**** it, i probably will, but man, its gonna be a kick to the balls when we look back on the last few obliterations with a positive light

if we're against the kings, i think burr and or vrbata step it up. if we're against the flames, sedins all the way. obviously burr/vrb will capitalize on their effort but i feel like they're the player we're going to associate with the victory, like we do samuelsson the last time we beat the kings

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
after recent moves i honestly cant decide if i want to invest all-in emotionally in this run, cause i think "the playoffs" are gonna become a mythical beast we associate with the sedins and nobody else soon. the chances of us winning it all are pretty slim but the chances of us having another chance this good in the upcoming years are even slimmer

**** it, i probably will, but man, its gonna be a kick to the balls when we look back on the last few obliterations with a positive light

if we're against the kings, i think burr and or vrbata step it up. if we're against the flames, sedins all the way. obviously burr/vrb will capitalize on their effort but i feel like they're the player we're going to associate with the victory, like we do samuelsson the last time we beat the kings

Exactly how I feel. Gonna put every ounce of hope/emotion I have in this run. Might as well burn it all up early cos it's gonna be ****ing slim pickings from next year on.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006

I'm kinda at the crossroads aswell. I'm obviously a huge fan of the team, hockey is the only sport and Canucks is the only sports team I care about, I'm deeply invested in every aspect of being a Canucks fan (to the point of boycotting the NHL after 2011), huge fan of the Sedins and Vancouver as a city (I'm from far away) and they all deserve to win BADLY.

At the same time, as much as I love the hockey team and actual hockey played on the ice, the business side of things is equally interesting. Player managing, armchairing etc., what would you do to make your favorite team the best possible.

Video games are good example of this. There's your actual sport games that are very popular but the manager/fantasy league games on the business side of things are probably equally as played (if not more).

And here's the issue why I'm at crossroads right now. I absolutely despise the current management and want to see them gone ASAP. I truly believe they are leading this team that I love into a ditch with their incompetence. It's like being forced to watch a Russian dashboard cam video on liveleak.

Vancouver/Sedins winning and the management staying can't co-exist though, so I'm not sure what to think of it. But the fact that you have to even think about it is not a good sign.

Markfly*

I'm kinda at the crossroads aswell. I'm obviously a huge fan of the team, hockey is the only sport and Canucks is the only sports team I care about, I'm deeply invested in every aspect of being a Canucks fan (to the point of boycotting the NHL after 2011), huge fan of the Sedins and Vancouver as a city (I'm from far away) and they all deserve to win BADLY.

At the same time, as much as I love the hockey team and actual hockey played on the ice, the business side of things is equally interesting. Player managing, armchairing etc., what would you do to make your favorite team the best possible.

Video games are good example of this. There's your actual sport games that are very popular but the manager/fantasy league games on the business side of things are probably equally as played (if not more).

And here's the issue why I'm at crossroads right now. I absolutely despise the current management and want to see them gone ASAP. I truly believe they are leading this team that I love into a ditch with their incompetence. It's like being forced to watch a Russian dashboard cam video on liveleak.

Vancouver/Sedins winning and the management staying can't co-exist though, so I'm not sure what to think of it. But the fact that you have to even think about it is not a good sign.

We just clinched a playoff spot after finishing 7th worst in the league last year.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad