Pre-Game Talk: Canucks / Bruins @ the Hornet's Nest, Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
interesting, The Canucks decided to stay in Raleigh after the Sunday matinee so they can have a Super Bowl Party.

They instead flew out and traveled today.

What would Gillis's sleep doctors say about this?
oGkmNgP6tzBD4gZfOSlsUKsCOgoXUsWH4-hP_lmlNkI.jpg

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Markstrom's late save vs. VGK in December might be remembered in the same way

Maybe it's my age... or maybe I missed it..
(but i don't remember it :oops:) But I remember how big that win was at the time... THAT was the game that began our current run...

Edit: Looking at the box score... Depth scoring and contribution, PP goal, 2 goals by Pettersson.. and then you say - Markstrom's big save... Kinda nails many of the key contributions that has led to our season so far..

Last edited:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
interesting, The Canucks decided to stay in Raleigh after the Sunday matinee so they can have a Super Bowl Party.

Yeah, the sportsnet guys said it was pretty cool of the Canucks to invite the Vancouver media to said watch party. (well.. sportsnet guys anyway... no idea if Patterson was invited, heh)

Edit: But in terms of your question....
Didn't the sleep doctors suggest NOT flying out right after a game in order to get a complete night of sleep, and then travel the next day giving the body a little extra recovery?
In that sense, sleep doctors would have approved of the Super Bowl party....

Last edited:

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010

I was hoping they'd do this. Chill out, eat, drink, watch the game together. Much better than flying while the game is on.

Reactions: FreeMcdavid

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Statement game. Some heads will be turning if the Canucks get the W in this one.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Remember Cody Hodgson in “Game 8”?

This must be what, “Game 25”?

Reactions: Levch

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
7-0 Bruins. Markstrom hung out to dry.

After said beatdown, we go on an absolute tear.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Looking at the bruins board and this was posted.

They beat us in every statistical category except for Goalie wins

upload_2020-2-3_17-12-25-png.316003

upload_2020-2-3_17-14-20-png.316009

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Remember Cody Hodgson in “Game 8”?

This must be what, “Game 25”?
It’s game number “who cares, lets just win because we need to catch STL”

My obsession to beat Boston ended with Hodgson’s goal.

Reactions: Love

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Looking at the bruins board and this was posted.

They beat us in every statistical category except for Goalie wins

upload_2020-2-3_17-12-25-png.316003

upload_2020-2-3_17-14-20-png.316009
Good thing games aren't played on paper.... Otherwise we wouldn't be in a playoff position.

It’s game number “who cares, lets just win because we need to catch STL”

My obsession to beat Boston ended with Hodgson’s goal.
That's actually pretty impressive...

There's no team I rather beat more than those guys... Watching every game hoping Marchand gets his... Never has...

There's no team in the standings in the east that I wish loses more than the Bruins... Unless they are playing our western rivals...

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Good thing games aren't played on paper.... Otherwise we wouldn't be in a playoff position.

There's no team I rather beat more than those guys... Watching every game hoping Marchand gets his... Never has...

There's no team in the standings in the east that I wish loses more than the Bruins... Unless they are playing our western rivals...

I mean even if they were played on paper we have pretty decent statistics other than maybe GA. Bruins just have very impressive stats.

Reactions: DL44

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Don’t really care what the Bruins have going on anymore. They can try to live in 2011 all they want, but everyone remembers the losses and how much they hurt. They’ve had not only one Cup loss, but two losses since they’ve won. I get a great satisfaction just by that alone - that two cup losses have happened since.

They could’ve been a dynasty, but instead they’ll be known as a team that couldn’t get it done to become a dynasty that Chicago and Pittsburgh were. I’ll take our Cup loss and move along to the new core ahead, with new beginnings.

Reactions: Hammer79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad