Pre-Game Talk: Canucks / Bruins @ the Hornet's Nest, Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
The last time we were in there, Bo Horvat went off for four points and a SHG in an 8-5 win, perhaps one of the better moments in the history of this young core:

5da7d66059aea78b59ddf00e28a97f00.png

Who wants some more
Eriksson from Gudbranson and Granlund
:naughty:

Reactions: bh53

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
We're going to lose this one by multiple goals, and that's okay.

Boston is really f***ing good and their record is being hampered by an 0-7 shootout record.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Don't feel too bad about this game..Marky will most likely be in net, and again..the team is relatively healthy...It's not some crazy good opponent (Oilers and Kings have both beaten the Bruins in the Boston Garden if i'm not mistaken).

The team at least has a day off tomorrow (Monday) to chill out after a bizarre scheduled road trip (SJ,NY,CAR)..Gaudette and Demko should be stoked for this one.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
We're going to lose this one by multiple goals, and that's okay.

Boston is really ****ing good and their record is being hampered by an 0-7 shootout record.

They've actually been trending down for a while and just recently put a couple of wins together. It doesn't help that they can't win a shootout, but I think other warning signs are there for that team.

Reactions: Hockey Nebula

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The benefit of playing these afternoon games, is that the Canucks can hit the airport and be in their hotel in the next city in plenty of time. Hopefully with two hotel nights and a practice, Canucks won't be too devoid of energy. They're going to need it in Boston, the Beasts of the East.

Final two games of a road-trip are always a toss-up. Markstrom will have to be one of the three stars again.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
We win 3-1, play pretty average to bad, Marky steals the game, Miller and Boeser get the 2 main goals, while Pearson gets the empty netter assisted by Loui.

Did I miss anything?

Reactions: I am toxic

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
We win 3-1, play pretty average to bad, Marky steals the game, Miller and Boeser get the 2 main goals, while Pearson gets the empty netter assisted by Loui.

Did I miss anything?
Jay Beagle and Tim Schaller spend a quarter of the game hemmed in their own zone and every Canucks community from here to Canucks Instagram complains about it

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Another good litmus test game against one of the leagues best.

Bsckstopped by more fantastic goaltending, I can see us taking this.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
There have been just a mere handful of other seasons in the last 30 where the Canucks were upswinging like this at this stage of the season, with a team with comparable potential, youth and excitement... Where the build up during the season pumped you up towards feeling something bigger might happen.
Like our signature moment for 2019-20 is yet to come...

This feels like the 01-02 build up... or the 09-10 buildup with Burrows slaying the 9 gm 'losing' streak v Car.. or the incredible 91-92 buildup..

Fun fun season.

Now.... PUCK THE BRUINS!

One of these matchups... Virtanen will turn Vancouver Legend with a single bone rattling Marchand crunch. Dare to Dream... It would be WAY too Hollywood for the signature moment of this season be Viratnen crunching Marchard on route to sparking a new win streak that cements the division 1 seed. Too much to ask.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
It feels like the team looks forward to games against Boston. Here's hoping they come out flying!

(Hell maybe Schaller can do some hometown hero antics for the AWAY team if he's in.)

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
So much positivity in this thread, that I have a bad feeling....

Boston 5 Vancouver 1
2 Big injuries (knock on wood)

Thanks a lot schedule makers....

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
interesting, The Canucks decided to stay in Raleigh after the Sunday matinee so they can have a Super Bowl Party.

They instead flew out and traveled today.

What would Gillis's sleep doctors say about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad