Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Avs | Friday, October 24th, 7pm MT | The fun continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Good news from practice

“As we speak, I think Redmond will play his first game. That could change but, at the moment that we’re talking, I think he’s going to play his first game tomorrow,” said Roy. “He’s a player that played some games last year with Winnipeg, but he also had a really good playoff in St. John’s and he got our attention. We like what we’ve seen so far with him. He’s a guy that moves the puck well, supports the rush and he’s capable of playing good defense.”

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
We're not in every game. Against Florida, for example, they did whatever they wanted in our own end. We have given up 36 shots on average every game. We suck.

Will Redmond help? Yes. I hope and expect him to climb to that no.2 RD on the team soon, while Barrie will be on the 3rd pairing. Barrie has singlehandedly cost us several important goals.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
"We’re in every game"

I love Patty as our coach, but I'm getting pretty sick of hearing this line. Probably heard it like 10-15 times since the start of the season. At least come up with something else to put a positive spin on things.

Then again, maybe it's our new 2014-15 slogan.

i didn't like the words before that either.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Only 5 players on the roster have scored an even strength goal this season. That's got to change.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
We're not in every game.
You mean we weren't in a game that was tied 3-3 at the end of regulation? Or we weren't in the Ottawa game that we had the lead in in the 3rd? Or the Toronto game we had the lead in in the 3rd?

Roy has been pretty blunt in saying that the team is turning it over too much and making mental mistakes. That doesn't mean they still haven't had a chance to win some of these games, because they clearly have.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We're not in every game. Against Florida, for example, they did whatever they wanted in our own end. We have given up 36 shots on average every game. We suck.

Will Redmond help? Yes. I hope and expect him to climb to that no.2 RD on the team soon, while Barrie will be on the 3rd pairing. Barrie has singlehandedly cost us several important goals.

They were leading at one point and lost in OT, I wouldn't call that not in the game.

I know people enjoy the yelling and screaming to match their anger but Roy shaming them like a misbehaving dog isn't going to change things. Doing things to kill any remaining confidence they have isn't going to help. Of course I would hope a hard look is taken when watching the video but I don't really know what people expect Roy to say in public.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Watch Redmond become the new whipping boy.

Hope not, would be sad. He can't be worse than Guenin, right?

Speaking of, he's excited.

"I'd be very excited (to play Friday), hopefully not too nervous," he said. "I went through stretches like this before, which is good because I kind of know how to react to them now. I'm just really excited if that is the case. I just want to work hard, be steady in my own end and hopefully chip in offensively and make it hard for them to keep me out.

"I was happy with my camp. It's an NHL team, it's a hard gig. That stuff happens, it's happened before. You want to be playing, but at the same time for me, I'm blessed to be in the NHL and to get the chance to compete for a spot. Once I do get a chance I need to make sure I take advantage of it."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Rick...on-out-2-3-weeks-Redmond-could-play/188/63338

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Everyone has been the whipping boy so far this season sep for Duchene

Deservedly so... except for Duchene, Varly, Berra, McGinn, and Redmond. Edit : and Mitchell

I love how McGinn has continued to be a utility knife working on any line you need. I think hes matured some after his struggles with fitness last season, and does not take it as a hit to be moved from the top 6 into a 3rd line role like he used to.

Hes been playing pretty much the same game regardless of what line hes on.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Completely missed Roy saying he's thinking of putting Duchene and O'Reilly back together and was possibly going to do it at practice today. Hope we see them with Iginla tomorrow.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think part of the reason he wants O'Reilly on MacKinnons line is that O'Reilly can take faceoffs on MacKinnons weak side.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I think part of the reason he wants O'Reilly on MacKinnons line is that O'Reilly can take faceoffs on MacKinnons weak side.

Why don't all of our players practice face offs every practice? Landeskog should be able to take draws. Every forward should be able to.

Hire Yeller. Get him in for our home ice practices and teach the entire forward ranks how to win draws.

Also, you need one person on your team to be great on faceoffs so the rest can practice against someone they will likely lose to.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Currently watching Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, Hornqvist, and Letang on the PP together. Saw Benn-Spezza-Seguin and Kesler-Getzlaf-Perry the other day. I think the Hawks also load up their top PP unit.

Why not Landeskog-Duchene-MacKinnon with Barrie-O'Reilly at the point as a regular unit? Why are they trying to balance the two units by throwing mediocre players like Tanguay (at the point), Briere, and Holden out there? Roy says he wants to keep the even strength lines together so it doesn't screw things up once the PP is over. Are all of the other good teams just doing it wrong by stacking their top PP units? Even Roy's old teams had Sakic and Forsberg together on the PP even though they rarely played together at even strength.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Why don't all of our players practice face offs every practice? Landeskog should be able to take draws. Every forward should be able to.

Hire Yeller. Get him in for our home ice practices and teach the entire forward ranks how to win draws.

Also, you need one person on your team to be great on faceoffs so the rest can practice against someone they will likely lose to.

Landy and Iginla take a few a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad