Confirmed with Link: Canucks announce proof of vaccination requirements for guests, employees

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
The Canucks have announced today that a vaccine passport will be required by all staff, players and GUESTS to go to Canuck games, both Vancouver and Abbotsford!

Yeah. Hope that really pisses off all of the anti vax crowd.

Also pleased to see that the province will be requiring them throughout the province for restaurants and entertainment events. Etc. No religious or medical exceptions.

Stop being a selfish prick and get vaccinated if you can.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
The Canucks have announced today that a vaccine passport will be required by all staff, players and GUESTS to go to Canuck games, both Vancouver and Abbotsford!

Also pleased to see that the province will be requiring them throughout the province for restaurants and entertainment events. Etc. No religious or medical exceptions.

I'm guessing Mark Donnelly will never work for the Canucks again.:sarcasm:

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Right thing to do.

btw Eric Andres screaming on repeat while I typed this is just what I needed in the morning. Someone needs to loop that into their DJ set.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour

Sooo many comments come to mind..........but I've had enough warnings for flaming so I will bite my tongue.

Just because someone doesn't have the same opinions as you doesn't mean "they are a selfish prick" I have plenty of very intelligent and successful friends who do not wish to get vaccinated - all for various reasons. ..(which are sane and rational believe it or not.............). Many of them business owners, many of them would be considered more educated than most..........

Calling them selfish because they won't subscribe to your same level of thinking is like a healthy person saying to a fat or out of shape person "Put down the doritos and get your fat ass to the gym - you are putting me at risk by not taking care of your health". Do we have that right? I wish we did but we don't and I don't see a ton of difference here.

Comments like this are wrong for sooooooo many reasons.............

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Sooo many comments come to mind..........but I've had enough warnings for flaming so I will bite my tongue.

Just because someone doesn't have the same opinions as you doesn't mean "they are a selfish prick" I have plenty of very intelligent and successful friends who do not wish to get vaccinated - all for various reasons. ..(which are sane and rational believe it or not.............). Many of them business owners, many of them would be considered more educated than most..........

Calling them selfish because they won't subscribe to your same level of thinking is like a healthy person saying to a fat or out of shape person "Put down the doritos and get your fat ass to the gym - you are putting me at risk by not taking care of your health". Do we have that right? I wish we did but we don't and I don't see a ton of difference here.

There are some legitimate reasons for being vaccine-hesitant. The issue is, the vast, vast, vast majority of anti-vaxxers are not interested in actually arguing those things in good faith. They just move the goalposts if the "argument" is a losing one. Look at how many people claim "it's their right, it's in the Charter/Constitution". It's literally not. Vaccine status is not a Charter-protected class.

"It's my choice". It is their choice. The government is not showing up at your house to jab you. You don't have to get one. But if you want to participate in some recreational activities, then you will have to.

"I wanna do the research". Lmao what research are you doing bud? Watching a youtube video? You running a 10,000+ person clinical trial?

"It's experimental". Well, the FDA just gave it full authorization, with Canada soon to follow. Then what?

Ultimately, ChillyBilly is right. It boils down to selfishness. They want to do whatever they want, with no consequences to themselves, regardless of what might happen to other people. Unfortunately for them, societies cannot function like that.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
There are some legitimate reasons for being vaccine-hesitant. The issue is, the vast, vast, vast majority of anti-vaxxers are not interested in actually arguing those things in good faith. They just move the goalposts if the "argument" is a losing one. Look at how many people claim "it's their right, it's in the Charter/Constitution". It's literally not. Vaccine status is not a Charter-protected class.

"It's my choice". It is their choice. The government is not showing up at your house to jab you. You don't have to get one. But if you want to participate in some recreational activities, then you will have to.

"I wanna do the research". Lmao what research are you doing bud? Watching a youtube video? You running a 10,000+ person clinical trial?

"It's experimental". Well, the FDA just gave it full authorization, with Canada soon to follow. Then what?

Ultimately, ChillyBilly is right. It boils down to selfishness. They want to do whatever they want, with no consequences to themselves, regardless of what might happen to other people. Unfortunately for them, societies cannot function like that.

Part of it is selfishness, part of it is just stupidity and ignorance.

A certain percentage of the public simply can't do math and don't have the processing skills to assess risk and choices in a rational way.

And, of course, don't understand the difference between free speech/freedom of choice and freedom from consequences.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Good news. The more businesses do this, the more will join in. Essentially it's now up to the capitalists (businesses, insurance companies etc) to force vaccinations where politicians can't.

In a functioning democracy, we have responsibilities as well as rights.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC

I can catch obesity from someone? Come on. This isn’t even apples and oranges. It’s apples and kumquats.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour

On one hand you say "There are some legitimate reasons for being vaccine-hesitant." then on the other you say "Ultimately, ChillyBilly is right. It boils down to selfishness."

(you do realize that you just managed to completely contradict yourself?)

The majority of my friends have not been vaxxed - do not want to get vaxxed..............I tend to associate with what would normally be considered healthy and successful people - business owners, emotionally intelligent people etc. At the end of the day to call them selfish just because they have a legitimate reason or thought process to not want to get vaxed..........well I think any sane emotionally intelligent person should be able to come up with an answer as to if this is just or not.......

You just admitted there are actually legitimate reasons for not wanting to get vaxxed..........yet you call anyone with those legitimate reasons selfish..........I see................

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Millions of doses have been administered in BC. The Pfizer/Moderna shots have almost no instances of negative side effects other than flu symptoms as your body learns to fight the spike protein. There's no live material so most immuno-compromised people can get them. They don't contain egg material, so most vaccine allergies do not apply.

f*** off with your PhD from the University of Facebook and get vaccinated so life can go back to normal. I'm not suffering through another lockdown so you dumbf***s can push your fake bs.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
On one hand you say "There are some legitimate reasons for being vaccine-hesitant." then on the other you say "Ultimately, ChillyBilly is right. It boils down to selfishness."

(you do realize that you just managed to completely contradict yourself?)

The majority of my friends have not been vaxxed - do not want to get vaxxed..............I tend to associate with what would normally be considered healthy and successful people - business owners, emotionally intelligent people etc. At the end of the day to call them selfish just because they have a legitimate reason or thought process to not want to get vaxed..........well I think any sane emotionally intelligent person should be able to come up with an answer as to if this is just or not.......

You just admitted there are actually legitimate reasons for not wanting to get vaxxed..........yet you call anyone with those legitimate reasons selfish..........I see................

Vaccines are available, they should consider it.
Where they getting their information? Facebook? I see tons of angry people posting Facebook shit about nonsense.

If you wanna play, you gotta pay.
This will be mandatory going forward no matter where they go.

Reactions: Cogburn and Indiana

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
I can catch obesity from someone? Come on. This isn’t even apples and oranges. It’s apples and kumquats.

Hmmmmm.............so any idea as to what the risk of serious illness or death is in what would be considered healthy individuals (who have a healthy diet, get regular exercise and have a a reasonable bmi) vs those that are not considered healthy (ie eat like shit, don't exercise and are overweight)?

Figure that out and then mayyyyyyyybe you might be able to see the point I was making.............

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003

I don't agree with being disrespectful to those who choose differently than I. So, I agree the comment is uncalled for.

That said, the argument that people are intelligent business owners is actually not a strong one. In my view people are not getting vaccinated for one of three reasons (there may be more):

1. They belong to a political tribe and feel more strongly about being loyal to that tribe than their own health and/or the safety of those with whom they interact. I get that younger, healthy people don't feel really threatened by the virus but they do interact in their community with those who are concerned.

2. People have concerns about the safety of the vaccine. It is legitimate to be cautious with any thing like this. That said, the overwhelming opinion from experts is that the benefits provided by the vaccine include significantly decreased morbidity and mortality.

3. Concerns about infringement of privacy and freedom to choose. Of all the reasons, this is the one I understand the most. Everyone should have a right to choose their actions. To me it is on the same level as free speech. But people don't always have control over the consequences of their choice, like others choosing not to allow them into a venue for safety reasons.

I am in the health science field. I have lived under the umbrella of the approval process for many years. Yet, I wouldn't presume to advise on whether the body of data support the safety and efficacy of the vaccine. I'm not an expert in that area and haven't studied the data in detail. I am very happy to accept the opinion of the vast majority of experts. And, no, that doesn't make me a lemming. It makes me someone who understands that there is risk in anything and that I have to rely on others for advice on how to mitigate that risk because I'm not and can't be an expert in everything. I will be forever frustrated by people on the internet putting forward a strong opinion based on a blog or summary they read and probably don't fully understand. People simply find ways to support their bias and I'm sure believe they are right. Most of the time it's innocuous. Not in this case.

My first reaction to people who say they aren't taking the vaccine is that they are being irrational. And on a significant level I believe this to be true. But I also know that we are all human and prone to sociopolitical and psychological influences that are very, very strong, me included (I think I'm human??). This isn't about safety and efficacy of a vaccine or whether the virus is real. If it were, we would all agree on the facts. It is a consequence of a weird condition called being human.

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Unfortunately this is such a divisive topic when it really shouldn't be.

Seems like none of these anti-vaxxers aren't concerned about the effects of emissions of coal and fuel exhaust, agricultural runoff contaminating fresh water drinking sources or the crap that's served up in pre-cooked meals they eat.

There is a legitimate concern that is valid to some, however most of those that are hesitant are turning down the vaccine for ideological reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad