Confirmed with Link: Canucks announce John Tortorella as Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Anyone to post anything unrelated to the coaching discussion will find themselves on the wrong end of the infraction functionality of this site. Seriously. (Why? Because apparently people didn't read my warning in the other thread.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I'm just curious about the assistants and whether Torts will try and bring along Sullivan or not. (And whether Gillis would even let him?) Wonder how long it will take them to sort that out.

Also a bit curious on whether we'll hear what the contract is. Want to see how it compares to what AV got. (Maybe it'll even be the exact same deal...)

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I'm just curious about the assistants and whether Torts will try and bring along Sullivan or not. (And whether Gillis would even let him?) Wonder how long it will take them to sort that out.

Also a bit curious on whether we'll hear what the contract is. Want to see how it compares to what AV got. (Maybe it'll even be the exact same deal...)
My guess is a 12yr/64 mill deal for Tortz. :sarcasm:

I'm also very interested to see the choices for assistant coaches. It will make or break this team. I just hope they have enough common sense to put Mr. Garrison on the point of the first pp unit.

Tanevian*

My guess is a 12yr/64 mill deal for Tortz. :sarcasm:

I'm also very interested to see the choices for assistant coaches. It will make or break this team. I just hope they have enough common sense to put Mr. Garrison on the point of the first pp unit.

Why would we put a guy with a great shot on the point for the PP? I'd like to see a Tanev/Ballard pairing so nobody would get hurt by the puck.

I'm good with Torts for the sake of change. Perhaps having a coach as our lightning rod may take some media garbage off the players.

No Face No Case

Feb 28, 2012
Best available, hold them accountable, brings intensity and entertainment value.
Great 2-3 year move by Gillis and the Aqualinis.
That being said Gillis needs to make some trades and get some big, bad ***** into the lineup.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
what's the consensus on sullivan as an assistant? reading the rangers board it seemed as though there was as much antagonism towards him as there was on this board towards bowness and brown late last season...

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I wonder if Stevens would accept a job as an assistant. Would he leave LA for that? Doubtful but that would be a great addition.

MISC*

I've never really understood pages upon pages of speculation. Why not just wait and see what will happen?

900 posts of guessing what Tortz will do, how the players will act, what the team will play like. I mean, why not just wait?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I wonder if Stevens would accept a job as an assistant. Would he leave LA for that? Doubtful but that would be a great addition.

Don't see any reason for him to leave LA for anything less than a head coaching role.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I've never really understood pages upon pages of speculation. Why not just wait and see what will happen?

900 posts of guessing what Tortz will do, how the players will act, what the team will play like. I mean, why not just wait?

This is a message board, the reason for it's existence is to discuss hypothetical situations.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC

It's the Dance Of Intimacy. You have a lot to learn about relationships, man.

StringerBell

Just curious for future reference, but in regards to the video that was removed from this thread, was it done so because of its profanity or source? Wondering if that source is now off-limits for YT links.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Just curious for future reference, but in regards to the video that was removed from this thread, was it done so because of its profanity or source? Wondering if that source is now off-limits for YT links.

Profanity.

4) Offensive Posts, Links or Images: No NSFW content. NSFW ("Not Safe For Work") is defined as anything that most people would not want their bosses, parents, and/or teachers to see. Do not use profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs and stereotypes, or post sexually-oriented material, masturbatory and excretory references, or any other offensive material. This includes "Victim Pictures" of people and animals after they have been through some form of bodily trauma, "Goatse" - Photographic picture featuring the rear end of anatomy, "Tubgirl" - Photographic picture featuring creative uses of anatomy and liquids, and pedophilic jokes (ones about having sex with children). Nude and semi-nude images are not to be posted here. That includes your avatar. These are not "Babe" forums for displaying content that belongs in swimsuit calendars or lingerie catalogues.
Do not circumvent the obscenity filter by using numbers or characters such as ! or $. A word's exclusion from the obscenity filter does not mean its usage is endorsed.
We have members from different countries, religions, and cultural backgrounds. Even if you express a point of view that is very popular in your culture, it may generate a negative reaction from members in another part of the world so please exercise tact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad